Headers or TB?

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by usaf2008, Dec 6, 2003.

1. usaf2008

usaf2008 New Member

Well I've actually got two questions. The first one is, what would be the better performance mod to put on my 2000 v6, shorty headers or a 70mm TB. I've already have a MAC cold air,ASP H.O. pulleys, and a diablo chip comin in this wed.

I've also been having some wierd things happenin to my clutch pedal. Normally the pedal comes all the way up like its supposed to but whenever i accelerate quickly and shift quick the pedal only comes up to about an inch higher than the brake. Does anybody know whats happenin and what i could do to fix it?
  2. GREENBIOCH

GREENBIOCH Founding Member

I think the headers would be a better choice out of the two, as the TB won't give you huge gains untill a major change like Heads and cam or forced induction.

just something to try, but when your car is parked and in first gear lift up on your clutch pedal with your toe, it should click, this is a factory readjustment of the clutch cable. it may help you. it may not, but worth a shot.
  3. 97v6Silver

97v6Silver it came to $4.56 and i got $0.44 change from a 5,

4. atlblue2000

atlblue2000 Founding Member

To be honest, I am yet to be impressed with either shorty headers or a bigger TB. If headers are a must, LT are the only way to go, imo. I know they are on my list as soon as the blower gets running.

But for now, I'd put that money into gears or maybe some springs or even a steeda tri-ax if you have a 5 spd.
  5. mkonor

mkonor Founding Member

Your TB is quite sufficient for your current setup.

Get long tube headers...
  6. kylew5

kylew5 New Member

Long tube headers obviously if you HAVE to have headers. Installing a new rear end would be your best choice though I feel for ANYONE. I just had 3.73 Posi rear end installed and I LOVE IT!!!!

No 70mm and no TB thats for sure. You'd probably feel more gains out of plugs and plug wires than those 2 mods. LOL