Headers

nero6

Aug 30, 2007
I have been thinking of getting a new set of headers, the headers I currently are rusty and I have tried everything to paint them but it just burns off. The question I have is, does it matter what headers I get? Will they bolt right up to my current exhaust or do I need a set of headers that will work with my current exhaust set up?.....Other than the fact I have no catalytic converters I have no idea what brand/type of exhaust I have.

• Sponsors (?)

Perfect, thanks. The short headers I currently have on the car have a good amount of clearance on the driver side but on the passenger side they do not have much clearance at all. They only have a couple of mm clearance to the strut tower. I want a set with better clearance so I do not burn a whole in my strut tower. Does not BBK set have good clearance on the passenger side?

Perfect, thanks. The short headers I currently have on the car have a good amount of clearance on the driver side but on the passenger side they do not have much clearance at all. They only have a couple of mm clearance to the strut tower. I want a set with better clearance so I do not burn a whole in my strut tower. Does not BBK set have good clearance on the passenger side?

you must have equal length headers which are known for burning the paint of the strut tower which will cause rust, you want unequal length. stay with a good brand of shorties like Ford racing, JBA, BBK even the summit ones are pretty good. stay far away from the cheap ebay headers, the collectors are poorly made and actually cause alot of exhaust gases to get sucked back up into the head robbing HP.

you must have equal length headers which are known for burning the paint of the strut tower which will cause rust, you want unequal length. stay with a good brand of shorties like Ford racing, JBA, BBK even the summit ones are pretty good. stay far away from the cheap ebay headers, the collectors are poorly made and actually cause alot of exhaust gases to get sucked back up into the head robbing HP.

Thanks alot. I have tired every type of high heat paint and it keeps burning off the headers and the strut tower. That explains the issue I am having.