Headlight bulbs?

torqueIT

Jan 9, 2004
Phoenix, Arizona
Headlight bulbs conversion to HID?

What model headlight bulbs is the new Mustang using?

bulblist.jpg

I ask because I'm curious about modding it to HIDs in the future once I get mine, and I've been able to find a manufacturer, but am not sure yet if they are compatable.

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

which manufactuer have you found, I'd be interested to know, because the only one I am aware of that does an HID conversion kit for the new 05 is Saleen and they want over a grand for it.

they are H13's and H10's

the fogs that they use are the same as the fogs in the Lincoln LS but the headlight bulbs are a totally new design... good luck finding them anywhere... Xenon doesn't even make an aftermarket bulb yet.

They definitely seem dim to me since I have converted my other vehicles to HID. I have browsed around the web and have found a number of HID dealers that tell me the H13 is "Coming Soon". :shrug:

Ebay listing 9008 (Coming Soon)

Sylvania/Osram Says they have an upgrade bulb. "H13XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter", though they don't offer it on their online store. Can't find it anywhere on the net yet either. Most sites selling the H13 is calling it a "Fog light: bulb? This is for the headlight right?

I know an HID kit is made for another dual filament bulb, not sure of the number, but the HID capsule is made to mechanically move back and forth slightly to place itself in each required location for lows and highs.

Let's hope we have some options soon.

Here is a cut and paste from something I posted on AFM forums..

Here are some links to the specs of the headlights you may find interesting... I can't find any on the GE Nighthawks though

Standard Halogen
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerPro...rdHalogenProducts/StandardHalogenProducts.htm

SilverStar
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Silverstar/ProductLine/

XtraVision
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/HighPerformance/Xtravision/ProductLine/

If you take a read through these you will notice all of the lumen ratings (actual light output) are the same from all three lamps.

The ONLY thing different on these lamps is the color output. They last about half the time a standard lamp would too.

JM2005 said:
Headlights are 9008's , driving lights on the GT are 9005's

The driving lamps are 9145, NOT 9005. A 9005 will fit and will be brighter than the original 9145. (9145 and 9005 are essentially the same lamp with the 9145 having a wattage of 45 watts and the 9005 with 65 watts)

Definitely wait for the market to catch up... You will not want to sacrifice and purchase the units that change the focal point. They end up failing. Wait for DUAL element, and DUAL ballasts.

Straight from Bohmen... Phillips will be a leader, and will most likely have them availble first. I will keep looking into it.

crash said:
Definitely wait for the market to catch up... You will not want to sacrifice and purchase the units that change the focal point. They end up failing. Wait for DUAL element, and DUAL ballasts.

Straight from Bohmen... Phillips will be a leader, and will most likely have them availble first. I will keep looking into it.

Probably hence the $1000 price now available.... Personally I am quite happy with having just low-beam HIDs in my truck now. I never use the high-beams. (But of course I might if they were HID) Maybe the Mustang will be the same....

Meanwhile, I'm being patient, honest!