Headlight Housing Recommendations Plox:)

JordanB21

Feb 6, 2012
Killeen, Texas
This thread has a smiley simply because my headlights will soon work again, I can't thank all of you enough for helping me reaching this big step with my car. At my knowledge I consider fixing anything, especially electrical, something great.

But. One issue left with the headlights.
THESE:
IMG_2180.JPG

LED halos.....Come on now, just looks bad to me.
My car seems to have a black/orange theme, the tail lights are gross altezzas but they're blackened out like this:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/foxbody-altezza-taillights-smoked.html (they also have black lenses over top so you can't see any of that ugly lighting).
This is the front end I'm working with:
IMG_2176.JPG

The body has black racing stripes running from head to toe. So I was thinking maybe blacked out headlights, my fear is that it wont work with the car or that they'll oxidize and turn yellow from the clear coat pealing. Ways to avoid?

Post pictures if you got them!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't understand why people put Euro looking lights on a 20+ year old muscle car.
It's not a freakin ferrari. Just my opinion. I recently replaced my headlights due to the old ones being yellowed from age. I bought a stock replacement set.

http://www.foxbodyworld.com/economy-clear-basic-headlight-kit-1987-1993/p/HLK28/ here we go, way cheap, same look. I think these are it:p
same as the LMR ones but cheaper, doubt there's a risk or that big of a difference. I'll post pics of my nasty altezzas tail lights, like I said they're aren't 'that bad' because they've got the extra dark black cover over them making them look more flowing with the car.

They also offer it with the back brackets for 120, do I really need those?

I refinished mine on my DD using sandpaper (320, 400, 600, 1000, 2000) and then applying rattle can clear coat to them. They turned out awesome and look as good as a brand new set. Despite sitting outside all of the time, they have yet to turn yellow.

http://www.foxbodyworld.com/economy-clear-basic-headlight-kit-1987-1993/p/HLK28/ here we go, way cheap, same look. I think these are it:p
same as the LMR ones but cheaper, doubt there's a risk or that big of a difference. I'll post pics of my nasty altezzas tail lights, like I said they're aren't 'that bad' because they've got the extra dark black cover over them making them look more flowing with the car.

They also offer it with the back brackets for 120, do I really need those?

I got mine on EBAY for $87 and free shipping.
Seller name was blueovalindustries

a side note, bought the multi function switch, pulled out of a 91, works great! just way dusty. Downsize is that my turn signals are flipped for whatever reason -____-, the inners blink the outters are solid. But i'll just probably splice and flip since there's already splices, probably the reason why they're swapped like that.

I've decided on the no amber stockers fer sure, love the cars guys. thanks!

Update: Did some googling before anyone could correct me and found out the inners on the front and rear are working right, strangest thing, looks weird. But if that's what it's suppose to do, then that's fine with me:p