headlights customs ones?

yeah alright i know this is a touchy subject being that it includes the talk of rice and what's not ect. if you want my 5 cents on the rice subject i love rice and try to eat as much as i can :) i try not to make my car look like it goes 400mph when it does not but i cant help to want her look nicer from my perspective, and that includes using non stock parts like hoods, suspension ect.. anyway my point is that the thing that i would most like to experiment with are headlights.. i just dont feel for the 3 pieces but i also have to admit that the one piece's that i've seen - 2 different types clear and smoked - well hey they look like **** too! (they look like 3 pieces melted together) so i am just annoyed that i cant get what i want and i just feel like making it myself!
last year i found this guy who had made a pair of headlights out of some bmw parts and they looked pretty ****ing mean if i might say so.. so what about you guys? havent anyone ever experimented with making your own lights?
i want to make my own, mabye buy a set of one piece and oven them up and pull them apart.. what do you guys/gals think?

• Sponsors (?)

I tend to agree. I liked the 1 piece, but the company that was making them sold me a set with a two month back order. Since they neglected to tell me, I found myself with no headlights on the ride. I went with APC because I had a credit and needed something different. They look like the new F 150 headlights, so they fit with Ford's designs, IMO.

Not to change the subject but this thread made me think about it. The selection of headlights are DECENT in the least. I agree that they need to invent better options. The selection for tail lights though, are absolute trash in the aftermarket. The only choice is those stupid, hideous, Altezza tail lights. I still like cars that have a little bit of a rice aspect to it. The original poster made a good statement about not making his car look like it has 400hp when it doesn't. I think the whole light selection in general needs work..

im still waiting for someone to design an ultra clear light BUT w/ a smoked lense. So far all they have is the ultra clear smoked w/ those circular projector cut outs and those just dont appeal to me. I really hope someone gets their **** together.
just buy the ultra clears and tint spray them.. it wont be the same but thats the best for now.

I also want a bigger tailight selection. so far i really like the clear LX style lights.. i may do slight modifications to them.