Headliner question.. and an assembly line tidbit

Thank you for the pictures. Mine are identical to that ebay picture. Just from looking at mine and the marks on it. It does look like it just seals against the inner quarter panel. With the lower trim already installed like you said. That just didn't make sense to me because a good seal would be difficult to achieve. But I'll go ahead and assemble it that way. If Ford designed it that way, it must be good.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I did the headliner back in the 80's. I used some expensive 3M adhesive. It didn't go bad at all. I followed the same instructions you have. No pics. I think the most important part is to put the steel rods in the exact same holes as they came out of. And make sure the rods are in the same order front to rear.
Ask me how I know that....maybe not.

Well, I finally did it. Went pretty good with all of the advice I received on this thread. I’m very pleased with how it turned out. Did not need the clips at all. The weld wood landau top and trim glue is really good stuff. But I did learn one tip for others who plan to do this. I would only put the glue on the very outer lip of the edges and on the outside of the pinch welds. This allows you to pull the headliner tighter without the glue catching to soon. Also if you glue further in, the headliner wants to follow all the awkward lines of the roof supports instead of hanging smooth. Other than that, it wasn’t to bad of a job. I would definitely do it again if necessary. The results are well worth the effort.

Attachments

• 83CCB6E0-C37B-45E1-953D-15B3EB9C7525.jpeg
    83CCB6E0-C37B-45E1-953D-15B3EB9C7525.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users