heads and cam

Tony01GT

Dec 16, 2002
Orland Park, IL
It is time for heads and cam so I need all of your help. Ok, I heard Patriot heads are junk and had realy bad reviews with LS1 guys so I shouldn't even bother trying them on mine. VT I heard were good but they are frickin like 2 grand. I heard that I should just get mine ported and polished, but then what do i do about valves, and springs etc.? I know I want Ferrea valves, and comp cams behive valve springs, but what do I do about guides and retainers? Do they do all that stuff when I get them P&P? Where do you guys suggest I get all this done?
And about cams.All my mods are in my sig, and by the spring I will have slicks, converter, and pullies. So I want a really aggressive cam that works well with nitrous and N/A. I'm not that worried about drivability because I barely ever drive it on the street very far. So what should I go with? Thanks
~Tony

• Sponsors (?)

well tony, most shops you'll see even around you don't have there porting machines set up to do jobs for the 2 valve heads. it can be around $850+ VT would be the best bet if you want the p&p. patriot you should stay away from, they have chinese parts in them.