Heads and Cams for a Kenne Bell

07blackstallion

Jan 18, 2011
So I have made the decision that a Kenne Bell S/C will give me what I am loooking for HPwise (around the 650 to 700 hp range) andIi wanted to know if what heads and cams people have used. There are so many out there to choose from and so many numbers between them all im going crazy! And yes of course i will be throwing in some good forged internals:D

• Sponsors (?)

The KB 2.8 will take advantage of big valve heads and cams at pretty much any boost level, it flows up to 1700 cfm.

Head and cams with a KB 2.6 will not give you any more hp at high boost levels (17 - 19 psi) because the limiting flow factor in the kb 2.6 is the upper intake (around 1150 CFM).
However, large cams and heads on a KB 2.6 will give you more hp at lower boost levels than stock heads and cams, untill you reach that 1150 cfm limit.

I would invest in forged internals before heads and cams. Above 540 hp, you are pushing your luck with a stock bottom end.

A KB 2.6 stage 2 at 10 psi will put out around 500 ish on 91 octane all day long. I've ran the hell out of my stock engine with that setup for 3 years.

Livernois has a good reputation for making good heads. I would give them a call and let them know what parts you are using and your goals, I am sure they will be able to answer your questions.

Before I even think about throwing the KB on there the internals are going to be changed, stock ones are just too weak. As for the Blower I was thinking of going with the 2.8 Mammoth kit. I like the numbers it produces, the ability to get more out of it over ther other KB kits plus that MASSIVE TB is just darn right cool! stang06girl thanks for the numbers!