Heads

myroc

Sep 23, 2003
Heads and other stuff

Buying used heads is this a good idea, if so what should i look for.
Is there a life span for alum heads.And what heads would work good with the P.P typhoon intake manifold 70mm TB, 70 EGR and a mass air 19lbs(think thats what its called)
Could i put the intake on by itself and notice a big differance or should i just wait it out and only installl intake with heads and a cam. Also what cam would you recommend. This car is a summer driver only(nice weather)
Mod so far are:1990 5.0 AOD vert
BBK equal lenght headers
Flowtech H-pipe
Mach under drive pulleys
Flowmaster cat back.2.5 exhaust thruogh out
Trango shift kit AOD
3;73 gears
Zex 100 shot nitrous
MSD blaster coil and wires
Holley forced 190 intake feul pump
Both engine and tranny rebiult with 750 miles.
Any input would be great
I still want to keep it as a hop in and start up and drive car. Reliable is a must

• Sponsors (?)

Well as alway's it's eaiser to do it all at the same time so u don't have to take everything apart again.
Get either a comp cam or a custum cam. Used heads will work. U have to make sure that they arn't
warped and make sure that they have no cracks or stuff like that.

as he stated try to do it at all at same time. have the heads stresssss tessted for hair line cracks also make sure that cam will match head spec ie;ccsize intake exhaust piston to valve clearence especialy if you have forged pistons that are not fly cut and then you add larger ratio rockers. also you will make better dicisions about what to buy if you know what direction you want to take your motor in ;blower turbo ect... good luck!