Heavy metal guys...

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
Give me some new bands to check out. I need to check out some new stuff other than whats on my computer. I'm mostly into hardcore and metal core.

Mansonozz, hook a brother up :D

• Sponsors (?)

Let's see what I've got in my metal folders:

I'm sure you know some of 'em:

All That Remains
Black Dahlia Murder
Children of Bodom
Into Eternity
Kalmah
Kataklysm
Lamb of God
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder
Skyfire
Slayer
Witchery
Amon Amarth
Chimaira
Dimmy Borgir
Primal Fear (heavy power metal)
Sinergy
Nevermore
Arch Enemy
Candlemass
Devin Townsend Band / Strapping Young Lad
Dragon Force (power metal)
Dream Evil (power metal)
GWAR
Hypocrisy
HammerFall (power metal)
Metallica
Killswitch Engage
Pantera
Single Bullet Theory
White Zombie
Rob Zombie
Skid Row

New to you? or new to the world? really depends on what you already have too.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess he just about covered it.

Shadows Fall, Testament, The Autumn Offering, As I Lay Dying. Just a couple not mentioned. I'll have to get bentley429 to this thread, he'll help out.

acacia strain, Between the buried and me, Glasscasket, ED Gein, Psyopus, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Every time I Die, Haste the day, winter solstice, Symphony in Peril, Napalm death, Full blown chaos just a few I have been listenin to lately

\m/ Full Blown Chaos \m/ They're a local band. They're awesome.

Manson- I'm listening to Bodom now, I like their sound. I've heard them before just never really listened to them.

Some of the bands i been listening to lately are: bury your dead, remembering never, stone sour, hatebreed, Unearth.

Hoo, boy, that's a can of worms to open. What once was "metal" is now actually considered "classic rock" - Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Iron Butterfly, that sort of thing. Now it's expanded to include everything from Mainstreamy Metal (anything played on the radio, essentially) to what I call Cookie Monster Metal, to Industrial rivet-head tunes, to some Goth-Metal stuffs, and finally to good ol' Hair Band Metal. Pick a flavor.

Darkwriter77 said:
Hoo, boy, that's a can of worms to open. What once was "metal" is now actually considered "classic rock" - Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Iron Butterfly, that sort of thing. Now it's expanded to include everything from Mainstreamy Metal (anything played on the radio, essentially) to what I call Cookie Monster Metal, to Industrial rivet-head tunes, to some Goth-Metal stuffs, and finally to good ol' Hair Band Metal. Pick a flavor.

None will ever be more metal than the almighty Black Sabbath. I can't believe I didn't list them. Or Maiden. Zep was more hard rock though...with a dark side.

My forte is thrash, death and melodic. I like some doom, but for the most part most bands are just sad Sabbath wannabes without any of the bluesy influence.

Here are afew it looks like you forgot, some lean towards death metal...

Sepultura
Vital Remains
Iced Earth
Decapitated
Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
Morbid Angel
Blind Guardian
Deicide
Amon Amarth
Bloodbath
50 Cents :shrug:

Thats afew I thought up quick, I agree with everything MansonOzz said

bentley429 said:
Here are afew it looks like you forgot, some lean towards death metal...

Sepultura
Vital Remains
Iced Earth
Decapitated
Dimmu Borgir
Behemoth
Morbid Angel
Blind Guardian
Deicide
Amon Amarth
Bloodbath
50 Cents :shrug:

Thats afew I thought up quick, I agree with everything MansonOzz said

LOL, I ilke the last one thrown in there.

I named Dimmu and Amon Amarth though :nice: DB I am take or leave; some songs are good and others completely suck. AA is really good though, much better live than on record.

Bling Guardian is good power metal :nice:

Iced Earth rocks, also VERY, VERY much better live than on record (IMO, I can't stand their production values)

And if you like Behemoth, check out Suffocation. Not my style at all but most fans seem to like each.

Maybe some Crytopsy?

Mastodon, Soilwork, Metal Church, Overkill, Megadeth, Unearth (more locals :nice:), Shadows Fall (more locals! :) )

mansonozz said:
LOL, I ilke the last one thrown in there.

I named Dimmu and Amon Amarth though :nice: DB I am take or leave; some songs are good and others completely suck. AA is really good though, much better live than on record.

Bling Guardian is good power metal :nice:

Iced Earth rocks, also VERY, VERY much better live than on record (IMO, I can't stand their production values)

And if you like Behemoth, check out Suffocation. Not my style at all but most fans seem to like each.

Maybe some Crytopsy?

Mastodon, Soilwork, Metal Church, Overkill, Megadeth, Unearth (more locals :nice:), Shadows Fall (more locals! :) )

Good call, guess I read through alittle to fast and overlooked the two. I agree with you on Dimmu, to me I'd say about 75% of their stuff sucks but that 25% is real good. Ill have to check out the other bands you were talking about.