Hello from Central Ohio

90GTFIVO

Apr 28, 2011
Carroll, OH
Fairly new to the site, not to Mustangs.

Owned a 91 GT in high school, but it was an AOD dog. Used my money on other things back then and elected not to tackle engine mods.

Now I want to do what I wish I had done then. Bought a 90 GT that requires some body (rust) and transmission work. Car is stock except for headers and x-pipe, 31 spline axel, 5 lug conversion and a short throw shifter. All done by previous owner.

Two months after buying that car, I found a 93 GT that I liked better with a few more minor bolt on mods. No major body work needed, which is why I'm going to make this my project car and will sell the 90 (anybody interested, shoot me a message!).

Plan to pull the engine and do it right. Looking to add 100-125 HP, which would get me somewhere around 350 best case. I've decided, with the suggestions of some on this board, to add power with H/I/C mods and various other mods to compliment the major components. Probably looking at a top end engine kit, as my knowledge of engines is very limited.

Project won't really get rolling until the 90 is sold though, so who knows how long that will be.

Any suggestions to help me acheive my goal are welcome. I'll just say I'm not interested in NOS or superchargers.

• Sponsors (?)