Help Again!!! Still No Worky

Ok so I drove my car down my street to this guy whos pretty good on working on cars, he said i had a leak between my upper and luwer manifold. I took the thing apart again, loaded it up with some RTV sealent and put it back together. This morning i tried it again ang got the same symptons but on a lesser scale. My dad says the o-rings around the injectors are leaking. Could that be possible? What happens is the car starts and I can keep it running but only if I give it a good amount of gas. Someone please help me, im trying to head out to the track tonite and if i dont get this thing going im going to have to race my moms station wagon(i cant tell if thats good or bad :rolleyes: ). Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

urban96 said:
how are your sensors? maybe your forgetting to plug something in :shrug:

yep, you were right. now its plugged up and the car idles but now its surging. messed around with timing and it idles ok with the spout connecter out but as soon as i plugg it back in it quits. what can be wrong? also when i accelerate now the car makes a unusual noise, it sounds like some sort of rattle, and doesnt seem like its getting full potential.

Ok so I drove my car down my street to this guy whos pretty good on working on cars, he said i had a leak between my upper and luwer manifold. I took the thing apart again, loaded it up with some RTV sealent and put it back together.

DID I READ THIS RIGHT, are you saying you put rtv between the upper and lower, is that really a good thing to do? Mine is a gasket

BlueOvalStangGT said:
yep its stock. car runs great now. i think it has to be off because if i bring it up to like 9 it pings like crazy.
:shrug: Did you have your distributor out. If so, chances are you're a tooth off. The balancer is not going to just move. Is the distributor in the same location as it was before or is it swung to one side or the other. This would explain why it's pinging at 9 degrees and also why it's sluggish. :nice:

well if the distributer was off by 1 tooth couldnt i just make up for that by the moving the thing more to make up for that? that what i thought i did wrong first but i was told you can make up for that by turning the distributer more when setting the timing. if no how can i find the right spot again?

No can do, for it to be right, it has to be where it's supposed to be. You have to line the engine up on top dead center. Remove # 1 spark plug and rotate the engine around to the compression stroke. Do this by holding your finger over the spark plug hole as you ratate the engine until the compression blows out of the cylinder. Make sure the crank pulley is set at 0. Take off the distributor cap and if it's lined up correctly the rotor will be pointing at # 1 on the distributor cap. If not, you will need to remove the distributor and move the shaft which ever way so when it drops in its pointing at # 1. Hope this helps out.