Drivetrain Help Deciding Between 4.10s And 3.73

Which Gears should I upgrade to

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maartyrr

Mar 4, 2016
I have a 2006 Mustang V6 (manual) and am looking to swap gears out. Just looking on opinions/experience with the 3.73 and the 4.10s
Basically what I'm looking for is two things: 1. Will I be shifting every two seconds with the 4.10s and
2. Will my car be redlining on the highway in 5th gear @ 85 mph?

I'm returning to the shop on Monday to put the order in for the gears/Tlok. Any and all suggestions would be helpful

-thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have 4:10s in my 4.6 with FI and can say it really wakes the car up. You will have to shift more (but not every two seconds), but for me it was not really that big a deal, just makes the car more fun to drive. I would think for a V6, the 4:10s would best if you are looking for the best acceleration. Not sure what gears you have now. If you have 3:55s now, going to 3:73s is not that big a change for the money spent. I believe at 85 mph you would probably be in the 2500 to 3000 rpm range in high gear with 4:10s depending on the diameter of you rear tires.

Thanks for the reply, I just have the stock gears in the car as of right now, I do have other mods done to it. I'll go with the 4.10s - 2500 to 3000 rpms isn't really that bad on the highway. I have the pony package on the V6 and my tire size is 235/55R17. As long as I'm not toping out and the car is redlining at that speed I'm ok with it. But thanks again for the reply