Help! Fuel cut switch/button on ECU?(Clifford 700 alarm)

toadman

Apr 17, 2003
My 98 Snake's(65k miles) battery went dead while away on a biz trip for two weeks. Got a new one, installed it and it fired right up. Went out to give it a bath, shut it down. Restarted and it just cranked and cranked continuously.

Here's the kicker: I have a Clifford 700 IQ alarm with starter and ignition interrupt. Clifford tech says I may have tripped the fuel cut at a relay/ECU in the passenger kick panel during the battery swap, hence no fuel and just cranks. My shop manual was borrowed so I have no idea where to look for it. Is it a button on a relay?

Any suggestions? The snake is dead and Clifford distributors don't do on-site install troubleshooting(even with my unlimited warranty).

Thanks. -Taod

• Sponsors (?)

Ok it's not the alarm. The alarm has a starter cut only and couldn't crank at all if disabled. New battery= cranks like crazy. No juice? Where's the ignitor or ignition module?
:shrug:
Thanks!

Check the fuel cut-off in the rear of the trunk...there a panel on the right hand side against the back of the car that you can stick ur hand in and hit the top of the black box (relay size) and push the red button down. It may have tripped some how...it's happened to me.

Also, even if it's not tripped, disconnect it and put a wire btw the connections and jump it...may have just gone bad. That has also happened to me. You will have to remove the rear panel, but that's a snap.

You also need to verify juice to the fuel pump at the rear harness...if you have juice, I would recommend hooking up a fuel gauge to the fuel rail and making sure you have pressure.

You can check spark by taking off one of the plug wires...putting a screwdriver up inside to make contact and then placing it near metal while someone tries to crank ur car...you should see spark jump to metal and you wont get fried doing it.

If you have fuel / spark / checked the fuel cut-off, you will have to start trouble shooting the fuel pump relay up behind the glove box and the CCRM in the fender to make sure juice is flowing.

Also, do you have a spare key? It could just be that the key transponder went bad some how and is not deactivating the PATS system.

That is exactly what it was! The transceiver went bad and couldn't read ANY key chip. $240.00 at the dealer. Just wanted to let everyone know to include it in crank/no-start troubleshooting. Apparently it is fairly common in sn95's.

thanks for the troubleshooting step-by-step anyways. I'll keep it for future use if needed. :)

toadman said:
That is exactly what it was! The transceiver went bad and couldn't read ANY key chip. $240.00 at the dealer. Just wanted to let everyone know to include it in crank/no-start troubleshooting. Apparently it is fairly common in sn95's.

thanks for the troubleshooting step-by-step anyways. I'll keep it for future use if needed. :)
At least you found it. Glad you got ur snake back up and going!