HELP, I.D. my p.s. valve

muddslide

Mar 10, 2003
DAYTONA BEACH
How can you tell the difference between a 65-66 power steering control valve and a 67-68? I tried to look on the net, the only difference I found look that the 65-66 is more of a box shape, then the 67-68. I also found the numbers 6enuix on mine, but they are worn badly and I'm not sure they are correct. I am replacing my power with manuel, so I need to buy the manuel steering adapter but they make two? HELP....

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a 65/66 V8 Mustang, the ball stud area of the control valve is part of the end of the centerlink and the control valve bolts on with two bolts.

If the whole control valve/ball stud assembly screws onto the end of the centerlink, you have a 1967 or later Mustang.

In the odd chance that the control valve/ball stud assembly scrws onto an extension that then bolts onto the end of the centerlink, you have a 65/66 6cyl system.

The exterior of the valve itseld will look identical on all these systems. What you are reading on the valve housing is the word "BENDIX", the people who designed and built the valve for Ford.