Help me decide about exhaust. Need feedback.

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Now that I have the stang back to stock I'm freaking out. I miss the sound so much. I know it is for sale but I still think I'll get another o/r pipe. I had the longtubes back then so I had to sell the shorty o/r H-pipe I had that matched them. I'm not gonna spend too much on it. Here are the options:

* Mac o/r H-Pipe shipped for 150$
* Mac o/r X-Pipe shipped for 170$
* UPR o/r X-Pipe shipped for about 145$

The Mac H-Pipe I know I'd like. I just dont know if I should spend an extra 20$ for its X-Pipe. Not sure if those fit properly. And the UPR X doesnt have the hangers (sure aint on the pics) and I'm not sure either about the fitment so I dont know what I should do.

To those who have a Mac X-pipe or UPR X, how do you like it and how was the fitment ? Sound ?

Thanks
Mario

• Sponsors (?)

Stangfreak95 said:
Can you confirm that there's no hangers on it ? I wonder if it's solid enough with just the bolts that join everything together. :shrug:

Its usually just needed to have hangers at the mufflers. Its not a MUST in the middle but i guess they come in handy if the bolts all decide to loosen up there is something there to hold up the midpipe :owned:

Yeah, I guess most of us has seen that vid where the guy in the newer Firebird launches on the street and his X pipe just went flyin' ...... :owned: I don't guess his had hangers, lol.

Nate, I'm seriously thinkin about this D pipe. I posted a while back that I was sold on a MAC Pro Chamber, but I haven't bought one yet. I wanted something that would bolt up, too. But the guy that is helping me put "whatever I get" on, has welded in about 15 or so Dr. Gas pipes. Also, it is significantly cheaper than the PC. I might go with this. Does it really rumble like an H down low and scream like an X up high?