Help me identify desireable 2.3L ECUs.

In the local salvage yards, there are several turbo merkurs, tbird turbo coupes, etc.
Does nayone have a part numbr list or some list to help me ID the valuable ones. What am I looking for. I plan on pulling ECUs form these cars and re-sale them. What are the desireable ones?

What other parts on these cars could I make some $$$$ on?

What is the possibility of taking 2 turbo set-ups (turbo coupe or merkur) , and kaing a twin turbo V-8??? Which would be better for this; EFI or carb?

• Sponsors (?)

natejones75 said:
In the local salvage yards, there are several turbo merkurs, tbird turbo coupes, etc.
Does nayone have a part numbr list or some list to help me ID the valuable ones. What am I looking for. I plan on pulling ECUs form these cars and re-sale them. What are the desireable ones?

What other parts on these cars could I make some $$$$ on?

What is the possibility of taking 2 turbo set-ups (turbo coupe or merkur) , and kaing a twin turbo V-8??? Which would be better for this; EFI or carb?

Not sure on Merkurs but the 87-88'TC LA3 is nice and most poeple upgrade to it also the LA2 is ok. If it helps the LA3 was a T-5 car only and I'm sure the same on the LA2. Check out this site under FAQ and its got the years and EEC that the 2.3T's came with. As for prices I would keep and eye out on ebay EEC's and see what they are going for first. If you have a Merkur with a "T" fitting on the lower intake I maybe intrrested in it :)

HTTP://40BOB.COM/

The la3 is really the only one's you will be able to sell in those cars. They came in 87-88 cars only(im not sure if the merk had a good ecu?). the PE computer's are also worth looking for, but i believe they only came in the SVO mustangs, Never strip an svo unless it really is totalled...i know a guy who knows a guy who would kill u if you did :nono:

If they are available, get them, store them, bring em out in 20 years and they will outrun any investment you could have put the money in. Any clue what the factory double snorkel front facing air cleaner off my 70+1/2 455 firebird is worth? enough said.