Help me with my dilemma

PonyPower96

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
Ok guys, heres the story. I got a 1990 hatch with 53k miles that was given to me from a family member when i went off to college. i dormed this year and last but next year im commuting to save money and i need to drive this car everyday. My question is, is this possible? It would be only for a year and i guess it would be easier to have a car thats more streetable. I really dont want to sell it because this was pretty much my dream car. Ill give u some info on the car.

The motor is a dss 306 with afr 185's, holley systemax intake, custom cam, and a lot more work. The car was pretty much gutted in the engine bay and theres no a/c, power steering (went flaming river manual rack), qa1 tubular k member and all the wires are hidden behind the fenders. The trans is fine but the rear end is 33 inch spline axles with a spool so im probably goin to have to throw a posi on there. The fender liners were taking off and im running dumps which would get really annoying to drive that much on. Also, the car has a jms custom chip for nitrous so its tuned well for nitrous and the track but not the tack. its pretty much a gas eater so im taking it i would have to get it retuned.

So what do u guys think i should do and is this even worth doing? What are some parts i should go with and what not?? thanks guys i really appreciate this and this is really not a ordinary topic on here.

• Sponsors (?)