Help me with my dream engine.

My future engine will be composed of a TT 347 stroker. I wanted to know what kind of hp/tq I would be able to get out of this engine? I was really looking forward to about 700 maybe even 800 :rolleyes: . Is it possible? If it is, what combo would you all recommend? FYI, I would like to keep this car as a daily driver, which it won't be, but I want to be able to take it out for cruises without any problems.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You dont need big cubes to make big power. 302/306 will be enough.
Keep in mind.. don't over do it, by going too big on parts. Unless your shooting for 1000+ horse a very simple well thought out combo will do great. Your average 300+ horse H/C/I 302 based combos will produce huge numbers with a healthy sized turbo.
Of course you will need a strong bottom end and block to handle such power.

Take it for what it's worth.. I've been through this, lol.

I really wanted you to tune in since you're currently building this right? I'm thinking of getting the Dart block, TF TW heads, Track Heat R Intake, with forged internals and a 9.5-1 ratio and custom cam. Then of course, running the 2 turbos, which I'm not sure which ones would be good. How's your car coming along Mike?
Brandon, I'm thinking about 700-800 hp/tq.

Here's a question that is borderline off topic, but I think it's close enough. Why do people run low compression so that they can turn the boost up, instead of running stock compression with less boost? Will the lower compression/higher boost set-up (that equals out to the same compression ratio) make more power some how? It's definately something that you will have to look at while making your decision.
I know it CAN be done on the 302 platform, but Dart blocks don't come cheap. Wouldn't a regular 70's 351W block hold 700-800hp? I can see the reason you might want to keep it based on a 302. I have a lot of loyalty to this particular powerplant as well. It was just a suggestion.
Brandon

ROLLIN5.0 said:
Here's a question that is borderline off topic, but I think it's close enough. Why do people run low compression so that they can turn the boost up, instead of running stock compression with less boost? Will the lower compression/higher boost set-up (that equals out to the same compression ratio) make more power some how? It's definately something that you will have to look at while making your decision.
I know it CAN be done on the 302 platform, but Dart blocks don't come cheap. Wouldn't a regular 70's 351W block hold 700-800hp? I can see the reason you might want to keep it based on a 302. I have a lot of loyalty to this particular powerplant as well. It was just a suggestion.
Brandon
i dont think a 351W block could hold that much power, and also parts for 351 based motors are a bit more expensive...as mike said above, its really unnessesary to have big cubes to make a buttload of power with a turbo.....a real nice combo would be a 306 in a dart block, 8 or 9:1 compression, all forged bottom end, top end of your choice, and 2 nice sized turbos......i dont know a lot about the turbos right now so i cant really make any suggestions with that respect, but im trying to learn, so if some of you turbo guys can post some more info that'd be great.....

with a 347 stroker you'll be able to make about 400whp if you do it right. THEN add a turbo or two and 800whp is just the tip of the iceberg. You could make upwards of 1100whp with that combo. Why are you wanting all this power btw? Are you going to be running it for competition or you just want an insane daily driver? If its the second choice, i'd prolly tone it down a bit. Cars with that much power take ALOT of maintainance and tender love and care for the beasts of engines they are.

1000+ hp, oh hell no. I think that really is toooo much for me. I've always liked how it sounded TT 347. I knew it made mad power but not that much. And to answer you're question fiveo'cobra, I would like to have this car just for braggin rights. It wouldn't be my daily driver or an every weekend race car. It would be a cruiser with excellent track nights whenever I take it. How does my above mentioned combo sound with a single turbo sound? I would really hate to work on this car for hours every time I got back from the track or from a fun Fri or Sat night.