Help w/ ford's POS recall

Scott_95GT

Oct 8, 2004
Sacramento
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=6707071#post6707071

I replyed to this thread above with this same message, but I didn't want everyone to have to read 20 posts before my question, which is at the bottom of this post (story is first :rolleyes: ) ....

Ford is PISSING ME OFF. They installed this same POS circuit on my car last month. The car then ran hot, and had the same symptoms as those ubove. They wouldn't fix the problem when I took it back, and treated me like CRAP. I unplugged the circuit, and it was fine....

UNTILL this morning on my way to class. Smoke was coming out from my hood. Sure enough, the fan motor was smoking, and it smelled like an electrical fire. I pulled into a chevron, and dumped water on the fan motor, and it was so hot, the first shot of water BUBBLED AND BURNT OFF. It was like throwing water in a hot pan on the stove. Sizzeled away. I dumped more cold water on it, and drove it to school.

SO...
Do you have to completly remove the fan assembly to replace the motor, or can you just take off those couple bolts on the front of the motor, and put a new fan motor on that way? Will this fix my problem??

• Sponsors (?)

yeah....it only takes a few minutes to pull the fan assembly out. Save yourself the trouble and pull it all out. It is only 2 bolts. After that the motor jus swaps out. Had to change the motor on my other mustang.

when mine died, i had a bear of a time getting the fan blade off the motor and it broke on me. then i found out it was a recall item and took it to the dealer and they replaced the fan and motor for free.

mine had already died though before they did the recall service

i was very happy

go figure