Help! Washed Engine and now car wont start!

I washed my engine on my 91 stang earlier today and then I drove it around the block to dry it off. The car initaially started fine, but then felt extremly sluggish. As I turned a corner, the car stalled and now I cant get it to fire up again. The engine turns over but wont fire. I tried for about 20 min with no success. Its now sitting down the road. What happened? Did water get in the engine? What do I do?

• Sponsors (?)

Probably water or humidity in your distributor cap,take it off and dry it,wit a towell or a air dryer.

If you did try to start it for 20min.You should change your oil,cause you probably have fuel in it now.

Next time DON'T power wash the engine!

A proper engine cleaning needs little more than degreaser and free-flowing water from a nozzle-less garden hose. You're also supposed to cover all the electrical parts with plastic bags just to make sure no water goes where it shouldn't.

Power-washing, spraying with nozzle, whatever...............I guarantee you he didn't cover anything and used one of those 2 methods.

I free-flow wash mine "top down to bottom" and cover all electrical parts and have never had trouble starting the car after.