Help with cobra motor!!!!!

allenrigsby23

Aug 6, 2011
Ok I have just recently purchased a mustang. Its a 95 v6 with a 96 cobra motor and trans. Ok the problem im having with the car is I cant keep it running. I can turn the key on and the fuel pump kicks on and i go to crank it and it will crank and run for about 2-3 seconds. The guy I bought the car changed everything out of the cobra into the v6 body so i have the cobra harness and guages. I have replaced the fuel pump, cam sensor, and iac sensor, the only one I havent changed out is the crank sensor. Could it be the pats security system (the security code is not flashing on the dash but im not sure if its hooked up cause some of the guages are not working)? Im really about to lose my patients with this car could someone please help me.

• Sponsors (?)

When you change motor and computer you have to also change the ignition switch as as well. Because they have a PATS system that will not allow it to start. If that is not a possibility you could run a hot wire to the fuel pump and bypass the PATS system. Send me a PM if you want to talk more about the bypass solution.