Help with Eibach Pro Kit...

99 silvr35th

Jan 23, 2004
Long Island
I spoke to the shop that will be aligning my car after I install the eibach pro kit, the rep. told me that i HAVE TO install a camber caster kit for the alignment to be good. Is this true, as i know many people have said they just installed springs alone and had no problems. Please advise...thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I've had the pro-kit springs in my car 2 1/2 years and almost 30,000 miles now with no cc plates and no alignment. The car seems to drive fine, and the tires have not worn abnormally. However, getting the plates and alignment is probably the correct way, but not necessary.

After installing the Pro-Kit, I went to the alignment shop about 3 weeks later after the springs settled. The guy made some adjustment and pulled out a drill to drill out the top plate on the strut tower so he could move the strut a little. I said no way and went and bought a set of BBK C/C plates. After installing the plates and getting aligned, my car drives great. I just bought new 18's and was not going to take a chance with new tires. Basically, its your choice. IMHO, to do the job right, you need C/C plates.

That is not true. My alignment is dead center within spec w/ no cc plates ... not even close to the limits. Do it. If it turns out that they are right, (i.e., you can not get car in alignment) then get the cc plates installed afterward (that won't happen, though ... not with Pro Kit).

Another 2 years on the Pro-Kit without CC plates. Had a shop check the alignment after a few weeks and everything was within spec. Car handles fine and no abnormal tire wear.

-Cale