Help with ET's!!

Well I went back to the track yesterday for the first time this year, the only changes being that I moved the battery to the trunk and added more timing, and the car went the same as last year. 13.30 @101.9 with a 1.79 60ft. It has stock heads (E7's) and stock cam, Shorty headers, full exhaust, 650 dp carb, southside upper and lowers, 90/10's, 50/50's and all the other little bolt ons (pulleys, electric fan,) with 3.73's. I don't think the track prep was the best but it wasn't horrible, for my launch I was holding 4500 and matting it at the last yellow and dumping the clutch. My 1/8th mile was 8.44 @ 80.5mph. Any help in getting down to 13.1's would be appreciated. How can I lower my 60fts???

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running an edelbrock performer. I had 15 pounds in the tires after my first run, they were at 14 before the run. I would like to stay with the stock cam and heads to see how far I can go with them, from what I've read on other sites, I should be able to get the 12.99999 sec. et I'm looking for. My car is a full weight 85 and I think I just need fine tuning (timing, fuel press., tire press.). I do however have a set of 1.7 rockers on the car. The car also has a NX kit on it that I haven't used yet, I would like to spray the car down into the 11's with a 100 or 150 shot but I want to get my NA tune down first. I know a set of 4.10 would help but that would be to much on the bottle I THINK!! If I could get a better 60ft, I think I would have the 13.1 I'm looking for. Do these et's sound decent for my combo?? what else do you recommend I try???

I had a similar EFI combo (Cobra intake, TB, MAF, bolt ons, 3.73s and a stock suspension) and with a 1.74-1.75 60' my car was solid 13.0s @ 102-103. As far as launching, my car had a stock suspension and I would put it at about 5000 and drop the clutch and floor it at the same time. Try out lower tire pressure, and launch it around 5000 or so, and see where that lands you.

ZephyrMotorspor said:
you should be able to get to around 13.1 or so with whatever these guys give you, but if you ever want to run high 10's to low 11's, look at my sig. :)
u have to have something else to run low 11's then just that. full suspenion, slicks and all that stuff and prolly still only be at the high 11's low 12's

What was your launch technique?? I heard that you shouldn't hold a steady RPM. Do you think I will loose mph with less air in the slicks?? I think that with a 1.70 or a high 1.6 the et will be where I want. What can I do to lower the 60's.

It depends, all cars are different. My car I have tried everything from 3500-6250 on the limiter, and found hold it at 5000, drop the clutch and simultaniousely floor it. The two times at the last track event I did this, it dead hooked to two 1.69 60's. Rev limiter spins into the mid 1.7s.

Its all trial and error, go out and test to see what works.