Help With Interior Colours

65-Fstbk

15 Year Member
May 20, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
There seems to be quite alot of confusion over the different shades used when they made these cars. My car was originally Honey Gold with '28' trim which I think is Standard Ivy Gold Interior.

I am going to bring it back close to what it was, especially on the doors+door panels, dash+dash pad and seats except 2 tone upholstery is in order.

My question is can anyone help discern what the colors are? The door perimeters were darker than the panel insets so would that be 'Dark' Ivy Green? Then the dash....is the dash 'Medium' Ivy Green? You can see in the picture what I mean. The dash pad (not shown in pic) was dark so would that be Dark Ivy, Medium Ivy?? Note: drivers door was replaced at some point due to accident so the dark paint you see is not factory to this car but was likely a respray.

These are the colors I'm trying to confirm. Some interior pics below.

Door panels -
Door outer perimeter -
Dash -
Dash Pad -
For my seats I'm thinking about 2 tone with dark outer and light inserts to match the doors. Thoughts on that????:nice: or :notnice:

Thanks all.

Attachments

• Dash Pic 2.jpg
    Dash Pic 2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01090.JPG
    DSC01090.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Sponsors (?)

There seems to be quite alot of confusion over the different shades used when they made these cars. My car was originally Honey Gold with '28' trim which I think is Standard Ivy Gold Interior.

I am going to bring it back close to what it was, especially on the doors+door panels, dash+dash pad and seats except 2 tone upholstery is in order.

My question is can anyone help discern what the colors are? The door perimeters were darker than the panel insets so would that be 'Dark' Ivy Green? Then the dash....is the dash 'Medium' Ivy Green? You can see in the picture what I mean. The dash pad (not shown in pic) was dark so would that be Dark Ivy, Medium Ivy?? Note: drivers door was replaced at some point due to accident so the dark paint you see is not factory to this car but was likely a respray.

These are the colors I'm trying to confirm. Some interior pics below.

Door panels -
Door outer perimeter -
Dash -
Dash Pad -
For my seats I'm thinking about 2 tone with dark outer and light inserts to match the doors. Thoughts on that????:nice: or :notnice:

Thanks all.
the dash pad is usualy dark ivy , the door surround is usualy the same as the dash and the rest of the interior trim /light ivy or hunny gold .depends on the year. i have seen the carpets dark or light. the headliner could be either white or light ivy.
if you want to two tone the seats ,the poney seats look great.. what does your door tag say for interior trim? i think the two tone interior was dark ivy dash pad and all the interior was medium ivy with light door panels and seat inserts.

alright i have a question about the fabric paint they have out. my budget is running low and im curious to know how well that fabric paint that was used on the 2min tech on powerblock works. i have red interior i'm really considering just painting the seats black because my car is being painted green and black and i will not drive a green car with red interior. i just want to know if anyone has used it and if it would cover up the red good enough?