Help with paint!

93VertLX

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
Dayton, OH
Well spring break is only three weeks away and I want to get the car looking nice while I am home. It has some pretty bad oxidation, but is in great shop otherwise, no scratches etc. Anyone know of a good wax that can help me? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

use #8 meguiars compound then follow that with there polish you may have to repeat it a coupole of times but will look brand new when done follow the polish with your favorite wax. Now the key ios to do it with a buffer. be carefull not to burn through the paint. also depending on what kinda paint it is single stage or base coat clear coat makes a huge difference. if you have any questions pm me ill try to help you.

rod_351 said:
use #8 meguiars compound then follow that with there polish you may have to repeat it a coupole of times but will look brand new when done follow the polish with your favorite wax. Now the key ios to do it with a buffer. be carefull not to burn through the paint. also depending on what kinda paint it is single stage or base coat clear coat makes a huge difference. if you have any questions pm me ill try to help you.

Ive heard number 8 is very aggressive. Most people use number 9 instead. A claybar might also be a good idea for removing oxidized paint and contaminants that are stuck to your paint.