Here's what you all have been waiting for!

Well I do restore cars for a living, I'm actually going to be painting an 82 GT I've been doing for a while. Black with red pearl in it with black and red interior with chrome bullits. That car is going to be really nice. I did the whole drivetrain last year and am finally finishing up with it.

Thanks for the comments too, I take alot of pride in my work. I still don't know nearly much as alot of pther people who do this but I'm learning. I'm only 24 and have been doing restoration work for about 4 years. One day I'll get around to posting pics of some other projects we've been working on in the shop.

• Sponsors (?)

MAC'n89Blckstng top notch job you are doing, the car looks amazing. I'm loving the color combo and can'y wait until it's all put together. you get anything special planned for the interior or keeping it all stock?

i am not normally the jealous type but man i am seriously jealous that looks great definately will keep me motivated with mine.just awesome i am really happy for you i just hope to be in your shoes one day.

Haha, I gotta buy a new windshield, I have 93 quarter windows and the hatch window I want to tint before I install it. I plan on taking it easy on the car when i first get it on the road to break in the engine. I'm gonna hit up alot of local shows around here. And then after I get 1000 miles on the car I'll probably start bringing it to the track.

Really nice work dude!

Question, as far as the plastic parts... do you use something like a flex agent or something when you paint those?

What is the car sitting on (on the floor)? Is that to reduce static charge, or for ventilation?

Sorry if those are dumb questions, I used to paint cars loong ago and I noticed you'd either taped off or removed the plastic parts.

Awesome paint job!

Really nice work dude!

Question, as far as the plastic parts... do you use something like a flex agent or something when you paint those?

What is the car sitting on (on the floor)? Is that to reduce static charge, or for ventilation?

Sorry if those are dumb questions, I used to paint cars loong ago and I noticed you'd either taped off or removed the plastic parts.

Awesome paint job!

I only used flex agent in the rear bumper, everything else is pretty rigid so flexing isn't an issue. Its the new garbage thin plastic bumpers that end up flexing alot where it becomes an issue with the paint cracking an stuff.

And the car is sitting on the middle grate and the two inch channel is where the air goes down through the floor into the filters. Its a downdraft spray booth.

I only used flex agent in the rear bumper, everything else is pretty rigid so flexing isn't an issue. Its the new garbage thin plastic bumpers that end up flexing alot where it becomes an issue with the paint cracking an stuff.

And the car is sitting on the middle grate and the two inch channel is where the air goes down through the floor into the filters. Its a downdraft spray booth.

Ok, cool, thanks. It's been a while since I was in a paint booth. We used to chain the car's frame to the floor (there was an eye bolt in the concrete) to stop any static charges and we'd also wet the floor.

I see you restore cars. I did too back in the 70-80s before I burnt myself out on it. I worked as an apprentice to a highly reputable guy in the Carolinas before I started out on my own. I still do a little every now and then, but not too mudh. Again, really nice work.

Yea I've heard of grounding the car but now the new booths have a way to deionize the air by bombarding the in coming air with negative ions or something. Also, the guy doesn't like to wet down the floor cause of bringing moisture into the booth and the way would saturate the filters with water and would make a mess. The company that makes that spray booth use to make a water bath booth where the exhaust would go through a water fall to catch the overspray but the EPA said no more of that lol