Hey all

smitty_64

May 27, 2006
It's been a while since I've been in here. Who was it that had the EGR tube that they had invented for the larger intake in the 94-95? I need one, because Virginia won't even touch it without an EGR.

• Sponsors (?)

Someone on here (Stephane I think) was working on coming up with a custom tube as well I think.

That was awhile back and I'm not sure what came of it.

Hell, it's so easy you don't even need a template. Pick up a foot of 1/2" flexible copper, bend it to the desired shape so it reaches from the header to the intake (you'll have to cut it to length). Cut the ends off the factory tube so you keep the flare to seal it up. slide the factory nut and flare over the tube, put a feril over it (needs to seal against the end of the factory tube since it's a smaller diameter tube), and tighten it up. After a few heat cycles, the copper discolors and you can't even really tell it's copper, so it shouldn't stand out to an inspector. I think it cost me around $6-8 for everything to do it.

I would wonder if even some of that heat resistant cloth crap (I think it came OEM on some emissions crap on these cars) over the copper tube would make it even more stealth.