Hey guys can someone help me out w/ exhaust?

GT4217

Oct 1, 2009
I have a 00 GT with just mufflers. I know that they are flowmasters but I don't know what kind specifically. Im pretty sure that they are 3-chamber mufflers and not the typical 2-chambers.

These mufflers have been on the car for 8 years and sound kinda lame. Is there that much of a difference between 3-chamber flows and 2-chamber flows?

I would like to get some MAC flow path mufflers but I want to make sure that I get my money's worth.

So, do MAC/Flowmaster 2-chamber mufflers sound better than the 3-chamber flows?

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I am slightly biased, I bought a MAC cat back years ago on my first mustang and since then never looked back. Flows sound good but its such a generic sounds and they are more expensive. Mac has a unique sound and its priced cheaper, I would personally go for the MAC. I just bought a 2000 GT vert all stock and once i get the cash thats the first thing im putting on, its way to quiet stock. If you go to late model resto they have a Mac cat back there thats priced really well and a sound clip below it let me know what you think and what you decide to do.

Here's the link - 96-04 Cat-Back, 4.6 Gt, 2.5" W/3" Stainless Tips,Fits 94-04 V6 W/ True Dual H-Pipe, Also 96-98 Cobra at LRS - Same Day Shipping!