HID Fogs?

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
I've decided against using HIDs for the driving lights, but I'm still considering upgrading my fog lights on my 96 Cobra. I have lights off of a GMC Envoy that I tinted, just looking to improve output a bit. I've found the HID kit at VVME for $40. I was gonna get Silverstars, but now I'm really considering these. Do you all think the HID fogs would increase output, or just create more heat to get trapped in the tint? Worth the money? Thanks for any input, and here is a link to the kit I'm considering.
HID Conversion Kits - Single Beam Model VVME.COM LLC Your Best HID KIT Supplier

• Sponsors (?)

i don't know why ppl are still thinking HIDs get so hot and are hotter then regular bulbs and more wattage,they are niether,they are less wattage and are not nearly as hot.trust me,a regular bulb melted my headlight when it fell out of the socket after about 5 min of driving,the HID fell out and after 30 min of driving it was still fine.

I never said HIDs burn hotter. Most use a 35 watt bulb vs a 55 in the halogens. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was the 880 bulbs burn cooler than the 893's. Can you guys post pics at night with your setups, everything i've seen has shown them to be bright, but very poor distribution of light. Thanks.

When you look at my fogs with the lights off they are tinted almost completely black. This is the vvme kit with the 8000k bulbs.

8-25-08028.jpg

8-25-08021.jpg

Attachments

• 8-25-08028.jpg
    8-25-08028.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 8-25-08021.jpg
    8-25-08021.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 37