highest flowing factory mufflers

So here's the deal, on the new car I want it to be stealthy, not stealthy like "haha surprise im gonna rape you and you aint gonna know" but just a quiet comfort to drive. Not worrying about waking up people when i leave at 3am in it. I also dont want/need attention from local law enforcement. So my question is, whats a good flowing factory muffler?

My plan is to run something like a 05-12 muffler in the car for regular cruising and use electric cutouts if i plan to romp on it. I do have a set of bastards i could do the same with but i want something attention-less as far as sound goes. I know its going to be hard with 15lbs of vortecch screaming at me through the hood but it will be better then putting the bastards on and rolling around town.

What are other options, i dont give a **** if its blue oval or not as long as its similar dimensions and cheap. Whatcha got?

• Sponsors (?)

If you can make '05+ mufflers work on a Fox (like cut the outlets off and weld tailpipes on) then that may be a great option. Ford has raved about this exhaust since '05 for being one of the best flowing setups they've put out. If that doesn't work, the best flowing will always be a turbo style/straight through muffler, which is good for you since they're also usually the quietest until WOT.

My Flowmaster Super 44's are now very quiet behind 4 cats. 4 cats do not flow at all.

379_preview.png

http://youtu.be/K0sKDMh6HiA

I would run a set of stock mufflers :shrug:
Stock fox mufflers are near impossible to find, and would cork the **** out of the exhaust being they are only 2.25". I would have to open the cutouts even for spirited driving. I dont want to go to the canyons and have to run the cutouts open all the time.
If you can make '05+ mufflers work on a Fox (like cut the outlets off and weld tailpipes on) then that may be a great option. Ford has raved about this exhaust since '05 for being one of the best flowing setups they've put out. If that doesn't work, the best flowing will always be a turbo style/straight through muffler, which is good for you since they're also usually the quietest until WOT.
i have my stock ones off the 07 somewhere. Cutting and welding isnt an issue, that was why it was my first idea, before i did the exhaust the car was super quiet even at WOT and thats what i want.
My Flowmaster Super 44's are now very quiet behind 4 cats. 4 cats do not flow at all.

379_preview.png

i have a bassani catted x that only has 2 cats.
I had a aftermarket H-pipe with stock fox mufflers on mine. It was pretty quiet for just cruising around town and still got fairly loud when you punched it but nothing crazy

Again, stock fox mufflers are nearly impossible to find unmolested and will cork the **** out off the exhaust.

Same with the 07, no power gain but super quiet, but i cant find the ****ers anywhere. Might have tossed them.

It would be nice to have a muffler that flows enough and not have to use cut outs, if i can achieve that then great, if not i'll have a little button that makes my car sound angry.

man, skip the cut outs. I had those on my Ram and while it was cool to make it sound like a beast at the push of a button I ended up just leaving them open all the time. ****ers finally got stuck open and I had to send them back.(love a lifetime warranty) May as well have just cut the exhaust off and ran open header.

man, skip the cut outs. I had those on my Ram and while it was cool to make it sound like a beast at the push of a button I ended up just leaving them open all the time. ****ers finally got stuck open and I had to send them back.(love a lifetime warranty) May as well have just cut the exhaust off and ran open header.

I'll be fine, i want this car quiet and I need a free flowing exhaust with the vortech, period. I also want something loud when i'm pushing the car. Having the cutouts will also help me to keep my foot under control cause i'll need to make a conscious effort to open them up before i thrash on it. This helps me avoid those spontanious "i had to own him because he's a ricer and slower" By that time it'll likely be over. It also keeps suspicious people from looking over the car from the noise.

I will however skip the cutouts if i can make the same power with the s197 mufflers that i could with something high flowing like the bastards

the s197 mufflers will flow right up there with a magnaflow or flowmaster. you wont need cutouts. IF you go with QTP's you are looking at another 600 dollars if you buy new. Option 2 is to do like madmike did and put in several sets of bullet style mufflers. Compact, quiet, and flows better than any catback out there

the s197 mufflers will flow right up there with a magnaflow or flowmaster. you wont need cutouts. IF you go with QTP's you are looking at another 600 dollars if you buy new. Option 2 is to do like madmike did and put in several sets of bullet style mufflers. Compact, quiet, and flows better than any catback out there

They should, but until its on the dyno there is no way to know. I wont have room for all that extra tubing, i'll be running dumps, since tips dont look good on GT's and i'll be running a panhard/TA on this car too, we'll see how it goes. I want the best of both worlds, cut outs help.