Highly Recommendeding G-force T5

eric n

Founding Member
Jul 14, 2001
Bakersfield, CA
For better than a year, I've been shopping for a better alternative to my borg warner "world class t-5" which clearly has seen better days. Days back when I could get it into 2nd gear as well as third. Damn those were some great times. But as horse power has risen, my little tranny had fallen.

I've been really interested in the Gforce unit as it's just plug and play for me, since I already had a t-5. That said going over the boards I hadn't seen nearly the positive glowing recommendations that i had expected to find.

It was always I know a guy and he's had trouble with it. Or my cousin's best friends, sister's manicurist has a brother with one and it's a piece of poo.

I have had no feed back from someone who actually owns one. Well, I own one. I've had it in my car for a few weeks now, and so far, so freakin great. shifts are positive, clutch is a little stiffer, and I haven't missed a 2-3 shift since I got it. I'VE MISSED A FEW KAZILLION with the old unit.

G-force has my total recommendation.

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats! The reason you don't find glowing reviews is because people only post when they want to gripe. Nice to see a good one for a change. I still wish everyone would e-mail or p.m. the mod to get a part review section for classics only!

I agree with Dave, most people expect a product to perform flawlessly and why would you heap high praise for that? I was one of the ones that posted about a G-force problem. I also posted that the third tranny (which was the original one that was sent in and didn't work the first time) worked fine. I beleive I also posted that he received about $800 for covering the unistalling, reinstalling, unistalling and reinstalling of all the units. I also beleive I posted saying that the owner was happy and won the Bracket 3 class at WFC8 this year on Sunday to which I think he won $750. The owner of said car is a friend of mine and the guy installing and uninstalling, etc. it is my best friend. Maybe that is second hand information, but it's second hand info that I know I can trust (actually I think it's first hand info to me). I have heard other grumblings out and about as well, as with anything else, unless I personally know of someone with the problem, I just am a little more cautious and pay a little more attention than I normally would.

mustangdave said:
Congrats! The reason you don't find glowing reviews is because people only post when they want to gripe. Nice to see a good one for a change. I still wish everyone would e-mail or p.m. the mod to get a part review section for classics only!

I'm guilty of whining thanks for the eye opener, I love my 70 rustang!!!! and I'd support a part review thread as well!!

1320stang said:
I agree with Dave, most people expect a product to perform flawlessly and why would you heap high praise for that? I was one of the ones that posted about a G-force problem. I also posted that the third tranny (which was the original one that was sent in and didn't work the first time) worked fine. I beleive I also posted that he received about $800 for covering the unistalling, reinstalling, unistalling and reinstalling of all the units. I also beleive I posted saying that the owner was happy and won the Bracket 3 class at WFC8 this year on Sunday to which I think he won $750. The owner of said car is a friend of mine and the guy installing and uninstalling, etc. it is my best friend. Maybe that is second hand information, but it's second hand info that I know I can trust (actually I think it's first hand info to me). I have heard other grumblings out and about as well, as with anything else, unless I personally know of someone with the problem, I just am a little more cautious and pay a little more attention than I normally would.

1320, I understand and totally appreciate all input even 6th hand as it's a little better than none what so ever. Glad your friend's unit is FINALLY working well. Hope it and mine last a long long time. If not, I'm sure I'll be on here posting, THE HONEYMOON IS OVER!!! But for now at least it makes driving my car a real pleasure.

I think part of the problem is that G-Force is still trying to get their niche in the market. There is not an abundance of them out there yet, but EVERYBODY on the net knows when one transmission has a problem. Also is the fact that just the parts cost almost what a new 3550 does.

I would consider getting one, but jeez, its $1100 just for the synchro version pieces to convert it myself. Hard to justify for me when I have a toploader already.

Eric-keep us updated.