Roush Hmmm... Sure doesn't look right to me...

BobV

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 18, 2003
Leavenworth, KS
I've never really studied the Fox bodies (and may be completely wrong here), but THIS CAR sure doesn't look right to me. :nono: No evidence of Saleen ID plates or numbers anywhere, 4-lug wheels, etc... Nothing against a Faleen, but it seems like this ad is trying really hard to pass it off as a real Saleen? :shrug: Private auction at that, so no way to alert buyers.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

That's part of the problem - there's never a Saleen # listed. I suppose it is easy enough to look thru my Saleen book's 1992 listing and see if that last 3 VIN ever appears, but how many potential buyers don't have the book? ;)

Its a clone, and not a very good one. 4 lug wheels are a dead giveaway, and its missing all 4 center caps?! nice... No Saleen gauges, still has Ford 140 mph speedo, no dash plaque, no engine bay plaque, stock Ford seats, no Saleen door panels etc. etc. No Saleen serial #/tracking # either.

Clones aren't a bad thing, IMO, but it should be disclosed. This auction is clearly misleading with the 'Saleen option' wording. Also, those pics, while there are about a hundred of them, are extremely close up, and don't really show too much, almost like they are purposely not showing certain areas, or hiding something?

Yep, Metalcop is correct. It's definitely a clone. I checked the last three Vin#s in my Saleen book. It is not there. It would be hard to get away with a clone in '92 considering there were only 17 built that year.

foxbodysaleen19 said:
I wrote him and told him it was not a real one. I'm sure he will be pissed.

...yeah, pissed that someone called his bluff. He know's it isn't real long before you ever emailed him.....That guy lives down the street from my parents and I've seen that car at a few shows. Always in the modified mustang section, never the saleen class........

saleen409 said:
You of all people should know why I think that's funny.....:nono:

You of all people should know there is nothing that is funny. If you are referring to my car that was explained totally on another webboard, since the DMV AND SALEEN approved the rebuild and signed off and approved it and they added me to the registry for the car and the DMV issued legal papers for the car then I could care less about your opinion. If you still have a problem with the car then you can keep your opinions to yourself as YOU are the ONE individual that has issues. If there is anyone else that has issues they have kept it to themselves. YOU are one person that knows extremely little about the facts as you didn't learn anything from the other board! I suggest if you have an issue with my car or me you sould personally confront me and NOT here on webboards. You apparently have a narrow mind and are extremely judgemental and have no clue to the facts.

I don't really see what the big deal is.
Anyone that is willing to pay that much for a 15 year old fox will do their research and find that it's not real.
It's not like the guy offered some phony number, or claimed it to be real.
He wanted attention for the car, and he got it.

If he listed a number for the car i would say that is crossing the line, but he didn't.

foxbodysaleen19 said:
You of all people should know there is nothing that is funny. If you are referring to my car that was explained totally on another webboard, since the DMV AND SALEEN approved the rebuild and signed off and approved it and they added me to the registry for the car and the DMV issued legal papers for the car then I could care less about your opinion. If you still have a problem with the car then you can keep your opinions to yourself as YOU are the ONE individual that has issues. If there is anyone else that has issues they have kept it to themselves. YOU are one person that knows extremely little about the facts as you didn't learn anything from the other board! I suggest if you have an issue with my car or me you sould personally confront me and NOT here on webboards. You apparently have a narrow mind and are extremely judgemental and have no clue to the facts.
Issues and facts.....:bs:

OK George I guess enough has been said about your "RESURRECTION" of #197. You said I don't understand the facts that I have issues and I'am norrow minded if that's what you think so be it I have no problem with that. So the next car show we see each other at I want you to explain and show me the facts. I have a few question of my own. Are you going to the Summit show Oct.1 if so I'll see you there.
By the way how did the 30th MCA event go? Nobody has posted anything.

As for the 30th. The show was great, the cars were awesome and the track was even better. There weren't as many Saleens as we hoped for but the Saleen Club of America did some great work signing up new members and we had a great cruise and dinner after the man show Saturday. The Pony cruise thursday had over 300 cars driving 30 miles to downtown for a night cruise-in to beat all cruise-ins. The entire event was a great 4 days of fun in the sun. Perfect weather other then being hot. Myself and Randy Pethel had our Saleens displayed in the Vortech tent to help them promote their superchargers. It made it much nicer sitting under that huge tent in the Vendor area instead of out in the parking lot. Driving on the road course can't be explained, you have to do it to know. It was just awesome. All the Saleens got together with the Saleen representative for a photoshoot saturday evening out on a special section by the back area of the racecourse.

As for my car, I have explained enough for any questions to be answered. If you have issues, that's your problem. I do not have to explain to you or anyone else as your opinion and acceptance is not needed. I have all the acceptance I need from Saleen. I work on Sundays so being that the show is on Sunday and I have used all my vacation time for the 30th event, I will be working.