Holley blue fuel pump installation

Wondering about location for new pump. Was thinking of the back side of rear bumper. I'm leaving the stock tank. Was thinking that I could leave the wires going to the gage and moving the power and ground to the new pump and leaving the old pump or removing the pump and running a rubber line down to the rag filter. New motor switched to carburetor
IMG_20240401_193848.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Do you still have the stock EFI pump in the tank? If so then just get this regulator and call it a day. These are a couple that are supposed to work. Google this as its been done a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Steel line. I haven't heard of anyone running a Holley Blue in a long time. Most people mount it where ever it's convenient in the engine bay.

Kurt
You never mount a Holley blue electric pump in the engine bay as they only push fuel, not suck. They need to be mounted as close to the tank as possible.

Do you still have the stock EFI pump in the tank? If so then just get this regulator and call it a day. These are a couple that are supposed to work. Google this as its been done a lot.

I wish I knew about this before getting the pump and regulator from Holley

The pump inlet should be as low as the bottom of the fuel tank so it is gravity fed.
It will last longer and be more efficient.
Those pumps do not suck/pull fuel.
They push fuel. They need to be gravity fed and as close to the fuel tank as reasonable.

• Agree
My experience has been different with mounting electric carb pumps higher than the source of the fuel. The two Comp 140’s on my T-Bird are mounted between the rear bumper and the tank with the inlets about 6” higher than the sump and zero issues in 20+ years. Lots of pumps are mounted in this area.

Where ever you mount that thing isolate it with rubber from the frame of the car or you will hear it more than you want to.

If it was me I would use the factory wiring to trigger a 30A relay and run a dedicated power wire from the battery to the relay to power the pump.

PUMP MOUNTING AND INSTALLATION:The pump MUST be located below and as close to the tank as possible. This is necessary to allow for an adequate fuel supply.The pump is designed to push fuel and not designed to pull fuel out of the tank. The pump should be mounted on the chassis,in a vertical position with the pump motor on top. Avoid contact of the pump and fuel lines to moving parts and to any hot2areas, such as the exhaust. The pump should not be mounted in a closed area, such as the vehicle’s trunk. Follow the stepsbelow for mounting the pump.