holley systemax Ii

yellowstang1994

Sep 9, 2004
holley systemax 2 intake questions

hi guys, a local guy is selling a holley systemax II upper/lower for $325. I was wondering how great this intake is compared to the cobra or edelbrock performer rpm. I don't have my intake shootout article on hand with me (i'm at school right now). But wanted to know this stuff so I could jump on it when I get home if I need to. I don't have an exact combo in my mind for my car. It'll probably stay otherwise stock on the engine for at least another year. And I do want to supercharge it eventually. (The guy says it's a good supercharger intake). But how would it do on a stock car. What are your guy's inputs? SHould I jump on it for the price? Thanks

Also would I need any kind of adapter to make it work on my car? I know it's from an 89 Saleen, and the guy says it'll work on 86-95 but I remember people needing some kind of adapter for fox intakes? And will it clear a stock hood? Thanks a lot guys!

-Ted

• Sponsors (?)

The manifold should work on your car. Unless you have converted your car to a Fox throttle body, you will need to buy an elbow adaptor to make a Fox manifold work on a 94-95. I read an article not too long ago were a guy put the Holley system on his 93 5.0 (Heads, Cam, Intake, Throttle Body, Injectors) and he made over 300 rwhp. On that car it did clear the stock hood. As for supercharging, I don' know how it would do. Summitt Racing should have some info on the part.

It's a great intake for a motor that needs it. The Holley is more for 331+cubic inch motors (or high revving 302/306s). On a stock motor the cobra/ebrock performer will make more useable power under the curve. You will need an intake elbow adapter to work on our cars. Not sure on clearance. You could probably buy it and resell it for a little more.
edit: missed the sc your going with. The right heads and cam can take advantage for this intake.

Yea... giving it a little thought I'd probably be better just getting a cobra or edelbrock. I feel kind of bad giving out his information on another msg board. And I think he's really looking to get rid of it locally. However, if you guys are interested you can hop over to http://www.delawarestreetracing.com and check the classified section out. It should be towards the top, you'll see it. It's probably labeled mustang stuff or something.

It's a great intake and was considering it on my 347 but from what I've read it does it's damage up top. I'm looking for more grunt down low as well and that intake don't start until 2500rpm. It makes great peak numbers too.