*HOLY $HIT* Tonight on TV!!!!

Discussion in '1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech' started by cobraii351, Jan 13, 2004.

1. cobraii351

cobraii351 Founding Member

Rides
    Fast Forward Fast Back

Ace designer and hot rod builder Troy Trepanier turns a 1976 Mustang into a one-of-a-kind muscle car. Explore the long and tantalizing history of this Ford classic as an American icon that inspires hot rod builders around the world.

The above was copied from: TLC page

This is on 9PM EST on TLC!!!

Tim
  2. 1970impala

1970impala Please God, somebody find me some WHITE CARGO PANE Founding Member

Dud, how the hel did you find that? I'm there!! i hope i remember!!!!!!!!
  3. cobraii351

:nonono: You call me a "DUD" again and you and I are going to have problems! :jester:

J/K

Tim
  4. 1970impala

err...Freudian slip i guess :rolleyes:. see that, you got me so dam excited, i musta missed the "E"! :D
  5. dmoody

dmoody Founding Member

Its a mistake guys... it should be 1967 Mustang not 1976 Mustang. I imagine the website will get reamed with e-mails on that error. The FastForward Fastback was sponsored by e-bay. You can find the whole story on this car here:

http://66.139.75.240/index.html

d
  6. Power Surge

Power Surge Founding Member

Bastards!! :fuss:
  7. danimaltheanima

danimaltheanima New Member

definatly a mistake

Yeah its definatly a mistake because I have a poster of the FastForward Fastback on my wall. Would be nice to see a segement on the ll though. I'm sure everyone in the forums would probably Rec it.
  8. 1970impala

YUP, definitely! on SP mode yet!!!! :D XP on DVD!
  9. 98CobraClone

98CobraClone New Member

maybe they wanna do a 78 Stang. I'd almost be willing to donate mine to the cause, as long as I got it back with all of the work done to it. :)

Somebody has to mention that....hehe
  10. COBRAIIW

COBRAIIW New Member

After looking at the site,it looks like the car is a 69 or 70.
    But it looks GREAT! And the power plant is healthy! :nice:
  11. 76_Cobra_II

76_Cobra_II Member

I have Time Warner cable and it says 76 Mustang when I go to the guide... I almost fell when I jumped up to go tell the finace, then I hopped on here and was very saddened.
  12. 77sleeper

77sleeper GO BUCS! Founding Member

13. COBRAIIW

COBRAIIW New Member

you are right! it is a 67!
    'scuse me. :doh:
  14. danimaltheanima

danimaltheanima New Member

Nice!

God I love that car. That was a great show. Its hard to beleive they did all of that in the time they were given. Them guys were young that were working on it. When I graduated highschool I was very very close to going to Wyoming Tech just like they did. Its supposed to be a great school. Obviously is judging by the quality of the work those guys did.

Your right though somebody needs to get a hold of someone and have a rebuild on a 76-78 Mustang II. I mean look at what Carold Shelby says about his rides. Stick a big motor in a light car. I'm suprised there hasn't been a show on the MII already just cause the simalarities as far as power to weight comparasin. I think MII's should be considered a collectors item. Its not like you can get parts for em. I'm suprised there not worth more than what they are. MII is sooo under rated it makes me sick.

Dan
  15. stangii

stangii Founding Member

Even Directv lists it as a 1976. I was going to record it on DVD but I guess I will pass now. I got all excited for nothing.

BTW, it is on at midnight tonight as well.
  16. Gael

Gael Founding Member

Yeah that was a big heartbreaker when I found out it wasn't a 76 Mustang. I was going to be all over it, but then I found out it was for a '67. I didn't watch it.
  17. cobraii351

I didn't mean to get everyone all excited. Sorry I had heard a rumor it was going to be a 76 looked up the listing and thought I would post it, only to be disappointed.

Sorry guys....

Tim
  18. THE COBRAMAN

THE COBRAMAN pig 'rassler Founding Member

Call me a pessimist, but we should cherish the Hemmings Garage episode of My Classic Car, because that's as close as we're ever going to get to seeing a II project on TV.

Popular (mis)perception will get any II-based project nixed by the clueless powers-that-be, unless one of us becomes very high up in the various media outlets.
  19. Northern J II

Northern J II New Member

I used to be a fan of Troy's work, but it is the same thing over and over again. Flush mount the glass, remove all the trim, moderize the lines, new wiz-bang fuel injected engine, one-off big pimpin' wheels. In 198? It had never been seen before and it was kooooool. Now it's almost a production line. You make a domestic 196? car into a new Lexus. If I wanted to drive a new freakin' Lexus I would buy one. (assuming I had enough money to buy one).
    aaaahhhh that feels better I will get off my soap box now!
  20. dmoody

dmoody Founding Member

There is still a lot of innovation that goes into the cars those guys build. To make an old car a piece of modern art is no small feat. A Lexus is pounded out on an assembly line and engineered on a computer from the very beginning. However you'll likely never find another car that looks or behaves the same as the customs Troy's build team puts together. I only wish that I got paid the kind of money he gets for working on cars. :-(

d