*HOLY $HIT* Tonight on TV!!!!

cobraii351

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2000
Altoona, PA
Rides
Fast Forward Fast Back

Ace designer and hot rod builder Troy Trepanier turns a 1976 Mustang into a one-of-a-kind muscle car. Explore the long and tantalizing history of this Ford classic as an American icon that inspires hot rod builders around the world.

The above was copied from: TLC page

This is on 9PM EST on TLC!!!

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

cobraii351 said:
Rides
Fast Forward Fast Back

Ace designer and hot rod builder Troy Trepanier turns a 1976 Mustang into a one-of-a-kind muscle car. Explore the long and tantalizing history of this Ford classic as an American icon that inspires hot rod builders around the world.

The above was copied from: TLC page

This is on 9PM EST on TLC!!!

Tim

Dud, how the hel did you find that? I'm there!! i hope i remember!!!!!!!!

definatly a mistake

Yeah its definatly a mistake because I have a poster of the FastForward Fastback on my wall. Would be nice to see a segement on the ll though. I'm sure everyone in the forums would probably Rec it.

danimaltheanima said:
Yeah its definatly a mistake because I have a poster of the FastForward Fastback on my wall. Would be nice to see a segement on the ll though. I'm sure everyone in the forums would probably Rec it.

YUP, definitely! on SP mode yet!!!! :D XP on DVD!

Nice!

God I love that car. That was a great show. Its hard to beleive they did all of that in the time they were given. Them guys were young that were working on it. When I graduated highschool I was very very close to going to Wyoming Tech just like they did. Its supposed to be a great school. Obviously is judging by the quality of the work those guys did.

Your right though somebody needs to get a hold of someone and have a rebuild on a 76-78 Mustang II. I mean look at what Carold Shelby says about his rides. Stick a big motor in a light car. I'm suprised there hasn't been a show on the MII already just cause the simalarities as far as power to weight comparasin. I think MII's should be considered a collectors item. Its not like you can get parts for em. I'm suprised there not worth more than what they are. MII is sooo under rated it makes me sick.

Dan

Call me a pessimist, but we should cherish the Hemmings Garage episode of My Classic Car, because that's as close as we're ever going to get to seeing a II project on TV.

Popular (mis)perception will get any II-based project nixed by the clueless powers-that-be, unless one of us becomes very high up in the various media outlets.

I used to be a fan of Troy's work, but it is the same thing over and over again. Flush mount the glass, remove all the trim, moderize the lines, new wiz-bang fuel injected engine, one-off big pimpin' wheels. In 198? It had never been seen before and it was kooooool. Now it's almost a production line. You make a domestic 196? car into a new Lexus. If I wanted to drive a new freakin' Lexus I would buy one. (assuming I had enough money to buy one).
aaaahhhh that feels better I will get off my soap box now!

There is still a lot of innovation that goes into the cars those guys build. To make an old car a piece of modern art is no small feat. A Lexus is pounded out on an assembly line and engineered on a computer from the very beginning. However you'll likely never find another car that looks or behaves the same as the customs Troy's build team puts together. I only wish that I got paid the kind of money he gets for working on cars. :-(

d