tungsten07

Jul 8, 2007
Homemade mil eliminators

Parts Needed:

Radio Shack Parts:

#2761388 - PC Board Terminal (qty. 1)
#2760148 – ICB90 PC Board (qty. 1)
#2721434 – 1 MFD Capacitor (qty. 2)
#2711356 – Package of 5 MEG ¼ Resistors (qty. 1)
**Being that I didn’t have a soldering gun or solder for that matter I bought a basic soldering kit. I was like six or seven bucks and comes with everything you need for this project.

Total cost of parts with soldering kit: Under $22

Ok first off I did not come up with these plans I found them on the internet so I am in no way taking credit or for this. I just couldn’t find any step by step instructions on the internet just pictures so I figure some people might want step by step instructions so here they are:

Take the pc board(s) out of their packaging. It looks like one board but it breaks in half into two. Snap it in half. Now you are going to have to cut these two halves down into pieces roughly the size of the ones shown in the pictures. To do this I just used a pair of sharp scissors. You can use whatever you want just test it on a corner to make sure whatever you’re using to cut with doesn’t crack the board… just cuts it neatly.

Stick the board terminals in the pc board as shown in the picture. Flip the board over and take one of the extra resistors you have (the pack comes with five, you only need two) and cut the two leads off of it as close to the resistor as possible. Take one of the leads and use it as a jumper between the two board terminals. Solder each terminal to the lead now.

Flip the board over and the two terminals on either side with NO jumper going between them should be on the top. The stuff you just soldered is on the bottom. Take out one of your resistors and stick it in the board so that there is at least one hole between the lead and the board terminal on either side to make soldering easier (basically just center the resistor between the two terminals.)

Now, with the resistor still on the top of the board get out your capacitor and put it in place. Flip the whole thing over. The jumper you previously made should be on the bottom.

Bend the two resistor leads to the right and the left so they touch the appropriate board terminals (the ones on the top)… refer to the pictures or the schematic so you have an idea. You’re probably going to have to trip the resistor leads to keep it neat. Just use the same scissors. Solder the lead on the left to the terminal. Take the capacitor lead and bend it over and make it touch the terminal on the right along with the resistor tail and solder all of this together.

The last thing left should just be the other tail of the capacitor. Bend it down and solder it to the jumper on the bottom that you made between the two terminals in the beginning.

You’re done! Now just make one more:nice:

When I got done hooking everything up I wrapped it in some black wire loom and then wrapped all of that in electrical tape real tight and just zip tied them up to something and it looks factory.

Top view and bottom view used through discussion:

View attachment 375517

Original Schematic

View attachment 375519

• Sponsors (?)