Hood Lift Kit Installed

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
LOVELAND, OHIO
Just installed the Gas Charged Hood Lift Kit from Redline Tuning. This is one sweet mod. Good quality hardware, clear instructions and it works soooo good.
Should have been a factory installed item. Unless you love your prop rod, ya gotta get this!

• Sponsors (?)

Lift Kit

I don't have any Pics right now but if you go to GT2000JAY's link to Redline you can see what they look like. Hood closes just like it always did. Some have put a shim under the latch and they say the hood closes easier-I might look into doing that, but there's no big problem on my car.

GOLDENPONY said:
Just installed the Gas Charged Hood Lift Kit from Redline Tuning. This is one sweet mod. Good quality hardware, clear instructions and it works soooo good.
Should have been a factory installed item. Unless you love your prop rod, ya gotta get this!
I think I may buy this sometime soon.

I see it comes with screws. Where do they go? Do you use them to screw the bottom part into the fender? Do you understand what I am asking?

Thanks.

Hood Lift

vipergts281:
The kit comes with 2 upper brackets and 2 lower brackets. The upper ones are attached with pop rivits (included) but you need your own pop rivit gun. The lower brackets are attached with sheet metal screws. Install is easy-just read the instructions carefully. Works as slick as stuff on a doorknob.

GOLDENPONY said:
vipergts281:
The kit comes with 2 upper brackets and 2 lower brackets. The upper ones are attached with pop rivits (included) but you need your own pop rivit gun. The lower brackets are attached with sheet metal screws. Install is easy-just read the instructions carefully. Works as slick as stuff on a doorknob.
Thanks.

I figured that was how it worked. Not sure if I would trust screws though. Do they seem solid like they are not going to budge?

vipergts281 said:
Thanks.

I figured that was how it worked. Not sure if I would trust screws though. Do they seem solid like they are not going to budge?

they wont budge, its basically the same thing as they had on older pontiacs, its very strong and wont budge :nice:

i cant wait to get mine :crazy:

Hood Lift Kit

The screws feel very solid. I think they will be fine if you follow the directions and drill the proper size holes and do not over tighten them. I may even put a dab of RTV on the screw head so it won't loosen up. I think they'll be fine.

vipergts281 said:
Thanks. I will be ordering a set sometime. I hate that damn prop rod.

A light under the hood would be beneficially too.

i saw a place to purchase those, ill have to find it again..

it was something like $45 for two lights mounts and wiring, not bad..