Hood Pin Install Help

• Sponsors (?)

If the 96 lights are like the 99 lights you can pull the two pins and yank the light right out giving you access behind the light to pout the nut on. As far as the holes, most folks remove the rubber bumper from the grill support and install the pin there. Install the pins where you want them so they dont move and place a little dot of RTV on top of each pin and lower your hood to mark the spot. Using a small drill bit drill through the first layer of the hood and then make it larger with a dremel sander bit so the hood doesnt splinter. Then place a little dot of RTV on top of each pin and lower your hood again to mark the top layer of the hood and do the same thing very carefully. After the holes are finshed close the hood and make sure everything is cool. Then with the hood down place your pin plates and mark them, remove, drill and reinstall the plates.

Here is my hood install

muddslide said:
I just bought a front pin on hood for my 96 and was wondering where should I drill the holes. Does any one have pics with the area they drilled the holes and how they got a nut on the bottom bolt? Thanks