Hood Pins "ARE NOT" My Friend

• Sponsors (?)

Or you could go with Dzus fastners, bit cleaner look and you'll know if they are out.

Are those locking hood pins? I've heard horror stories of those things popping open sometimes. I wouldn't recommend those as a primary means of securing a bolt-on hood - maybe only as secondary pins towards the rear (firewall/cowl) with a pin-on hood.

I don't know if i would trust them or not. Thats what we used to fasten the fiberglass panels on my midget dirt car. They didn't seem very secure if you ask me....

-AJ

make your own? the hood pins we used on a buddy's of mines race car was a kit from jegs....there not easy to pull out and the pins fit in VERY tight. if you have a jegs by you go check a set of them out and see what you think.

Since you plan to do a full pin on , lift off set up next time, check out the hood pin kit for a 69 440 6pak mopar. Super Bees and Road Runners had them. The pin is attached to a sturdy 3 inch long lanyard that is riveted to the top of the hood. They are actually pretty good looking too. Have to cut them or drill out the rivet to steal them!