Hood scoop

Krusher

Nov 14, 2003
Hampton, VA
Got a question.... as you can see by my picture I have the non-scooped hood... and I'd like to have a scoop but I'm not going to pay $150 for a ford one...

Question: What other scoop can be placed in the same area covering the same sides and back?

I don't care about the mesh part in the front. I just want a scoop.

asppg_Ca809020979.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

now, you do realize that this scoop is 100% non-functional...and will do nothing more than add extra drag to your car, correct? Just making sure you relalize that..the grill is really needed on this to keep the car from looking terrible, mainly because it keeps you from looking in there to realize that all you will see is the rest of the hood, lol. If I was going to do a scoop, i'd make it functional....but that would consist of replacing the entire hood.

Just making sure you know this before you go blow $100 or so.

yea the scoop is fake, but i think it adds a very aggressive look to the shape of the car. Id say go for it, it looks awesome! I think its one of the few body modifications that actually make the car look better. :flag:

EDIT: ALthough, if you do not go with the scoop, id say go for the grille delete and mach 1 chin spoiler, those right there also add alot to the looks of the car. Plus you dont have to get those painted, and those 2 items will cost about the same price ($100)

already have the "grill" delete and the chin spoiler... that's my first picture... the day I brought it home... it's changed a lot... that's just the only one that I have on the computer... and yes, I know they are non-functional... but I like the look.

I got my scoop from e bay for 160 shipped and painted...
It makes the car look a lot more aggressive and is also cool looking from the inside.
i would not recommend KarKrap, it took way to long to receive what i ordered through them, they didnt even know if they had shipped it to me yet

actually I kinda want to have a different scoop than the GT... but I want it to not look crapy so I'm not going to glass one myself... I was just wondering if one from JC Whitney had approx the same dimensions or another from another site... kinda want to make my stang a little unique.

yeah i like the gt hood scoop and side scoops. they sell em together on ageclassic.com for 209. i know the side scoops just snap off and on but how would you go about attatching the hoodscoop? and also do aftermarket oem scoops come with the grilles?