Hooking up subs to mach460 HELP!

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Hey all! I'm new to the forums :) I did some searching and found nothing on this. I want to hook up an amp and sub to my 2000 GT Vert with Mach460 audio. Has anyone done this? Did you pull the signal from the back speakers or the headunit?

Thanks to all that respond!!
-Eric

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed subs into my 02 convertible a week ago. Not too hard, you have to pull out the rear seats and tap into the green and black wires that run into the speaker inclosure. I ran the remote wire off the black&pink, wire coming off the deck and I ran the ground wire to the seat-belt bolt of the rear seat. Works like a charm although, the Mach 460 still sounds like a piece of poo.

One day I will get around to replacing the whole thing....I don't think rewiring the car will be a big deal...it is a pretty easy car to take apart.

Next step for me...dynamating the doors.

You took OUT the rear seats? Meaning totally removed them from the car? :-?

Also, I don't think the 460 sounds bad. :) With a sub, itll be very nice. As long as you get a good sub/amp :)

I did the same thing to my 02 convertible. the rear seat comes out REALLY easy. there are 2 releases to take the seat off the floor. If you kneel down youshould see a bout a 2 inch hole to stick our finger in between the bottom of the seat and the carpet on each side, the buttons just push in and the seat comes off. right there is access to the trunk in convertibles. I didn't even take the back of the seat out, since the wires are right there.

ALSO while you're digging around, it's a great time to put in XM :D