Horrid squeek!

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
There's an awful sounding squeek coming from my car whenever I press the clutch in for longer than 1.5 seconds or so. What in the world could it be? i've heard it's my throwout bearing from a guy who has worked on mustangs for years and years, but I don't know what to think.. is it bad? should i have it checked out?

• Sponsors (?)

jasonh_86 said:
There's an awful sounding squeek coming from my car whenever I press the clutch in for longer than 1.5 seconds or so. What in the world could it be? i've heard it's my throwout bearing from a guy who has worked on mustangs for years and years, but I don't know what to think.. is it bad? should i have it checked out?

Nope, just let it ride. Its perfectly normal...let us know when your TB explodes.

On a side note, you shouldn't take the advice of random people over the internet, rather than someone who has worked on Mustangs for years and years..

what might happen if it doesnt get fixed? because i dont really have the money to get anything done right now. The guy who looked at it said his has squeeked for nearly 4 years, but has never had a problem with it other than that. I know the previous owner said it'd already been replaced once under warranty, some type of recall or something i think he said but i'm not too sure.. but, i just want some guesses as to what might happen if i dont get it fixed :shrug:

alright, thanks for the help. I noticed a slight squeek when i was on the clutch, mainly backing outta my garage, but that was about a month or two ago. But just recently, like 2 weekends ago, it just started squeeking reeeaally loudly. well, it's really loud to me

96WhiteNight said:
I doubt it will freeze up. It will prob just louder and annoy the **** outa you

9 out of 10 times, you're right.

When a bearing totally siezes though, watch out.
Just think they keep heating up and heating up.. expanding as much as they can, but they're in there pretty tight, until bam...

Ask around, I'm sure someone has pictures. Probably someone that was told if the ToB was squeeking just to throw grease on it, and it'll fix it.