How about a LX Mustang for 07 ??

oohsoobad2

Banned
Dec 17, 2004
Not that the new Mustang is having problems selling, but Ford would be wise to offer a lower priced V8 Mustang for the masses.
I know Id be more incline to buy a cheaper Mustang that I could modfiy my own way. My idea for an LX would something like

3V 300hp 4.6
5 speed manual transmission only
Cloth V6 interior, still pretty nice
No IUP
Standard audio system, no Shaker 5000 or 500 or whatever
16 or 17 V6 wheels and tires, not sure what the smallest size is.
No driving lights in front grill.
No Traction Control

Set a price of say, $23,000 and I'll buy one in a heartbeat !!
Itd be cheaper, lighter probably a little bit quicker than a heavier GT and best of give V8 buyers a lower entry fee.

• Sponsors (?)

oohsoobad2 said:
3V 300hp 4.6
5 speed manual transmission only
Cloth V6 interior, still pretty nice
No IUP
Standard audio system, no Shaker 5000 or 500 or whatever
16 or 17 V6 wheels and tires, not sure what the smallest size is.
No driving lights in front grill.
No Traction Control

You forgot the manual crank windows! :lol:

351CJ said:
Oh no Mr. Bill not the LX topic again. :bang:

This topic has already been beaten to death several times. :rolleyes:

351, cant you order the GT with whatever options you want? Meaning you can pretty much order a GT close to a V6 price? Or are there mandatory options?..

Which would raise the msrp to base..??

How about not.

We dont need more mustangs driving around...especially GTs. Leave em at the price they are so every 16 year old in the country doesn't have one.

in 2007 get a 05 GT Mustang you will get a good price most likely cheaper than 23k, this solves your problem. "We dont need more mustangs driving around" I agree with Pliskin,

Pliskin said:
How about not.

We dont need more mustangs driving around...especially GTs. Leave em at the price they are so every 16 year old in the country doesn't have one.
I agree; I would rather see the price rise somewhat and Ford address the many cheap details that were compromised by their goal of a 27 k GT.

The 16 year olds will have V-6's available for 19 k that they can mod to their heart's content.