How am I supposed to do this

• Sponsors (?)

I just got home from work and read your reply. I just don't know if I will be able to get anything in there to bend the bracket out of the way with. I am glad I will only have to do this job once. The cable and FWA are cake its the dang quadrant that has given me hell. Me and a friend spent at least 2 hours trying to get the old quadrant out, now we get to reverse that fun process.

I don`t know personally if this would help as I haven`t installed a quadrant yet,but would pushing the clutch pedal down towards the floor offer any extra clearance around the bracket that`s in the way :shrug:,just a thought.

I tried having the pedal in every different position but I still could not get the quadrant to clear that bracket.

I dont know if I explained it good in the original post, but the problem existed taking the old quadrant off. The problem is that there is no room between the shafts and this bracket to get the quadrant in between. It lacks about a 1/2" or so and then it would slip on no problem. 8950HO, thanks for the reply and you will probably see what I am talking about if you do install a quadrant.

Later,
Joey

Bummer...I would try what Daggar suggested them.
Are both ends of your quadrant the same thickness?

Most of the aftermarket fox body quadrants have one of the mounting hole end`s machined thinner so it clears that bracket that`s in the way.

8950HO said:
Bummer...I would try what Daggar suggested them.
Are both ends of your quadrant the same thickness?

Most of the aftermarket fox body quadrants have one of the mounting hole end`s machined thinner so it clears that bracket that`s in the way.

i didnt have any problems with mine. in the end it should look like this:

555-7026-450.jpg

ka0tyk said:
i didnt have any problems with mine. in the end it should look like this:

555-7026-450.jpg

The clearance problem is at the other end of the quadrant.The Steeda you`ve shown has the other end machined thinner for clearance around the bracket.
His quad sounds like it`s the same thickness at both mounting holes.

Yes it is the same thickness at both ends. I heard that some brands were thinner on the troublesome side. The one that is giving me problems is the one where the stock adjustment pawl went. I dont understand why Ford did that one. I'll get it on there somehow. I just got mad at it last night and decided to sleep on it. Although I didn't get a chance to mess with it today since we have Katrina coming through. I cant believe I have power as I type this.