how do i get rid of teh white spots??

alright everytime i wash my car there are MILLIONS of little white spots on it. they are usually only small and only visible close up but it still bugs me. i do have terrible water so thats why but how do i stop it? i've tried hand dryin car and no good. help!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

mr_tinkertrain said:
alright everytime i wash my car there are MILLIONS of little white spots on it. they are usually only small and only visible close up but it still bugs me. i do have terrible water so thats why but how do i stop it? i've tried hand dryin car and no good. help!!!!!!

I've heard that the "new Mr. Clean washing" system leaves your car spot less, also if you take the nozzle off of the hose after you wash it, and let the water sheet over your car, it will help reduce the spots. Keep a good coat of wax on it never hurts either.

If you have bad water and want to continue washing your car at your home, you might should try the Mr. Clean kit...if nothing else because of the PUR filter that comes in the water hose attachment spray gun. Plus, you'll get the benefits of not having to dry the car. Just a FYI...the filter and soap that come in the kit is more like a trial size good for up to 3 washes. Stores that carry the kit also carry the replacement filters and soap refills which are good for up to 10 washes.

QUESTION: Does the spots come off during the next wash or are they stuck on there? If they're really on there good, get yourself a Mother's Clay Bar and follow the directions. It will likely pull the spots up and then you can rewax your car and start using the Mr. Clean kit on the next wash.

Dry the car as best you can, wipe it down with some Meguiar's Quik Detailer and a microfiber towel. No spots and adds gloss and slickness. You can use the Meguiar's Quik Wax. You don't even need to dry the car first if you use the Quik Wax. Kinda like Eagle One's Wax As You Dry. :nice: