How do I increase steering turn in?

Driving in my friends 95 hardtop that is lowered like mine and with new shocks and struts, same as mine, the steering on his car is very responsive, the steering wheel feels firm and only a small turn of the wheel initiates a hard turn, my steering on my 95 vert feels soft and requires more turning of the steering wheel than his to initiate the same sharp turn. We both have 17's up front with the same tires. How can I firm up my wheel or decrease the turn on the steering wheel to initiate a hard turn? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Performance alignment... think lots of postive caster and lots of negative camber... however these will eat at your tires too but my car corners awesome at speed compared to my buds...

Here's my .02. It's a little more expensive but check out the Flaming River steering shaft - it has a u-joint nuckle on the shaft and not that rubber crap and is 100 times more responsive. I've had one on my car for most of its life.

And yes postive caster will definiately help and it will not eat at your tires. Negative camber will wear the inside of the tires faster though. According to my research, we can get away with 1* negative camber for normally street duty. Now if road race then you can go alot more negative.

I took the front wheels of my friends car and swapped with mine he has 9.5" wheels up front where I have 9". The difference is incredible, same profile tire but turn in is amazing with wider rims up front, rubs a bit on the u turns though.