How do I NOT become this guy...

• Sponsors (?)

well one of the best ways is to get into contact with Modular Powerhouse and get their Mongoose kit. There are 100s of his kits on stock blocks (including my own) who's power ranges from 350-425rwhp. So far not a blown engine (that I'm aware of) and his tunes are regarded as being really safe while maximizing power. So far I'm going on 30k blown miles and still going strong (last track time out I trapped 114).

well one of the best ways is to get into contact with Modular Powerhouse and get their Mongoose kit. There are 100s of his kits on stock blocks (including my own) who's power ranges from 350-425rwhp. So far not a blown engine (that I'm aware of) and his tunes are regarded as being really safe while maximizing power. So far I'm going on 30k blown miles and still going strong (last track time out I trapped 114).

Are these kits pretty expensive...what are the price ranges? I was also considering just the most standard Vortech kit...anybody have any experience with these? thanks!

You're looking at between $5000-$7500 for a complete set up. Keep in mind that your "most standard" kits require things like larger injectors, possibly cobra fuel pumps, cobra fuel cell, etc. They don't give you everything you need.

You're looking at between $5000-$7500 for a complete set up. Keep in mind that your "most standard" kits require things like larger injectors, possibly cobra fuel pumps, cobra fuel cell, etc. They don't give you everything you need.

That is mis-information at it's finest. The Mongoose kit comes with everything needed to install a s/c and get it running for $3900 (minus KB b/c they won't allow drop shipments of their blowers so they have to be installed by MPH). From the site:

MPH has developed this kit to offer the 2 valve mustangs a street/strip supercharger combo that will get the most out of your mustang.

Tired of reburns and dyno tune nightmares? Wonder what combo you need to make the most power? Well,we have assembled a package to eliminate the guess work and the headaches of supercharging your mustang.

Now the best part you get MPH's exclusive tune . You'll get the most power out of your combo as well as driveability and durability. This is NOT an off the self chip like you recieve with typical packages.Instead MPH burns your chip with a dyno proven fuel and timing calibrations especially developed for supercharged mustangs. MPH developed this tune on the dyno as well as datalogged cars for months making the driveability like stock.

This package is everything you need to make your 2valve something to fear on the streets and at the strip.

The Kit comes complete with:

Votech SQ or S-Trim,

MPH tune - with X-Cal-2 Flasher

focus fuel pump

42# injectors

90mm MAF

Spark plugs

IAT sensor

It is a complete package. Everything you need to get your car running,and running safely.

It's also great b/c Tim will adjust the tune if needed after the initial dyno. Go over to the MPH boards or give them a call. They are always willing to answer any questions you have.

http://modularpowerhouse.com/index.php?cPath=49_50&osCsid=23057192e4956a7ee71cf69a8abb0d25

Alot of people on here have the mongoose kit. I have it and love it. I will tell you if your looking into making big power start saving up for a Cobra Tank and Pumps I was at the dyno today and Im maxing the SVT Focus Fuel Pump. Cant add any more power untill I get them. :(

Alot of people on here have the mongoose kit. I have it and love it. I will tell you if your looking into making big power start saving up for a Cobra Tank and Pumps I was at the dyno today and Im maxing the SVT Focus Fuel Pump. Cant add any more power untill I get them. :(

Just supports my point that it doesn't come with EVERYTHING you need.

How do I not become this guy
You don't try running 600hp through a stock block. Keep the power levels under or around 400 to the wheels and you should do just fine.
$1,900 for mine man
If you're trying to sell your blower, list it in the classifieds and hot link it to your sig like everyone else does please. Or at the very least PM the person in private. This dropping a hint everytime someone mentions wanting a Vortech blower only clutters up the threads for everyone else.

Just supports my point that it doesn't come with EVERYTHING you need.
No, it doesn’t support your point and yes, it does come with everything you need. The jump to larger pumps are for guys who want to push beyond the original intention of the kit. The standard SVT Focus fuel pump that comes with the kit initially though, will support plenty of power for the stock bottom end.

Sure but factor a differential rebuild and/or new wheels and tires(if necessary)needed to handle the new power, +install and tune and youre looking at 5-7k.

Not even close to being true as well. Why would you have to have a diff. rebuild just b/c of the blower install? You can break the stock diff. internals on the stock power, so does that mean all stock cars need a rebuild? Tune is included in the price of the Mongoose kit, and I'm able to handle the power of a Mongoose kit on crappy ol' Sumo's. As gearbanger said, the kit has everything you need to get the blower on the car and running WOT as is. No other part is necessary unless you are wanting to push past the safe power limits (400rwhp), and even then what comes with the kit is not the limiting factor. Listen to the guys that actually have the kit ;)

Not even close to being true as well. Why would you have to have a diff. rebuild just b/c of the blower install? You can break the stock diff. internals on the stock power, so does that mean all stock cars need a rebuild? Tune is included in the price of the Mongoose kit, and I'm able to handle the power of a Mongoose kit on crappy ol' Sumo's. As gearbanger said, the kit has everything you need to get the blower on the car and running WOT as is. No other part is necessary unless you are wanting to push past the safe power limits (400rwhp), and even then what comes with the kit is not the limiting factor. Listen to the guys that actually have the kit ;)

cool...thank ya very much!