How do i P&P my engine

well i know that this is something that belongs in the V6 foroms but you guys are allot more knoledgable then the people in the v6 foroms. Anyway, i got a Dremel tool for xmas and i wanted to P&P my upper and lower intake, install a MAC CAI, New 70mm BBK throtle boddy, Underdrive pullies, and a TB spacer.

I also wanted to know were i can find a cheap TB spacer cause the only one i found was like 120.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but if you have to ask how to P&P a set of heads, You shouldnt be touching them. A dremel tool + Someone that doesnt know EXACTLY what they are doing = Broken Heads. My .02 As for the throttle body spacer save your money they are worthless.

Spazilton said:
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but if you have to ask how to P&P a set of heads, You shouldnt be touching them. A dremel tool + Someone that doesnt know EXACTLY what they are doing = Broken Heads. My .02 As for the throttle body spacer save your money they are worthless.
He said upper and lower intake, not heads.

That's the problem, there are *no* aftermarket intakes for a 99+ v6 yet. You can get your intakes p/p'd by a professional but, depending on where you go, you may have to remove the intakes yourself or have them remove it for you, then there's the question of how they p/p.

Go to rpm-mustangs.com or supersixmotorsports.com, they have some p/p intakes for sale for a decent price but, neither of those places use CnC machining for intakes.

There's a bunch of different avenues you can consider. Take a look around at some local shops, go to v6power.net and learn to p/p them yourself or, get in touch with rpm or supersix if you'd like them to do the work.

I've personally done p/p work on 94-03 v6 stangs, it's not that difficult. More so tedious. Go learn about it and try it yourself with some spare intakes and save yourself some $$. You can probably buy spare intakes from a junkyard for like 60 bucks.

if you've got a few extra bucks, paul's high performance would be a good bet. they did the porting work on the stangnet racer (mach 1 intake) and mike and chuck were very pleased with the results. PHP usually charges an arm and a leg for their products and services but from what I've been told, you really get what you pay for.

thank you guys but i read somthing about taking the gaskets and taping it to the spacers and then marking the circles with a sharpie then dremeling the inside of the intakes out. Is that a good way to do it????

Any way do u guys know were to get cheap tb spaacer.. I heard about a pholic spacer were do i find those??

thanks again

Engine airflow is more complicated than just "bigger is better." You could make things worse if you don't know what you are doing.

You are talking about gasket matching, and that will do NOTHING for you power-wise. Don't bother. Also, even if you port and polish the parts yourself, you'll still have to remove the parts from the engine. Or you could just let the metal shavings fall into the heads. They will probably be fine . . .