How do you clean out IAC valve because of lingering idle speed.

32ValveRom

Feb 15, 2009
Fl
Hey guys, so I have been having problems with the engine revs not dropping like they should in between gears. During regular driving, say if I shift at 2500 rpm and I push the clutch in to get ready for the next gear the engine speed remains the same until I let go of the clutch in a higher gear but only with the a/c on. So I was advised by a few fellow members here that I should clean the IAC valve. My question is what should I use to clean it out? I've never taken out the IAC valve before so I don't know what to expect. Should I just wipe it off or should I use break cleaner or something? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

use brake, carb, or throttle body cleaner. spray it in until it pools, then dump it out and wipe it clean with a rag soaked in one of the above cleaners. feel confident that you have bought a week or two before you have to replace the valve.

o and when you do replace the valve, get a new gasket.

Just cleaned mine when I installed my new plenum yesterday. It was real dirty. I dont know if its the new plenum or the clean IAC but it feels like a different car, idles smoother, smoother acceleration, better throttle response, feels great!

i can tell you how to avoid having to clean that damn thing so often......
unhook your pcv valve block the vaccum line and pop in one of the little puish in filters from your local auto parts store thuse eliminating all the black gunk in there

oh and if you dont want to do that then after you clean the aic then spray it with some silicone spray..... inside it should keep it fromk cloggin up as fast

i would recomend taking it apart to clean it......you'll never get all that stuff out by spraying it and pushing the valve down with a screw driver